Olympus Choir Elements -- can I use it with Live Lite

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
TheTed

Olympus Choir Elements -- can I use it with Live Lite

Post by TheTed » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:43 pm

Definitely a noob here, feeling like a chimp driving a spaceship.

I run Ableton Live Lite, which I believe I got through my Novation MIDI controller.

I'm looking to buy Olympus Choir Elements off of Soundiron. I found the same instrument on Ableton and it says that this software won't work unless I have Intro or Higher.

My question is: If I buy Olympus Choir Elements from somewhere else, will I be able to use it on Ableton Live Lite? Is it just the Ableton site trying to make me buy Standard (which I'd love to do eventually)? Or is there actually a software issue that makes it so that Lite wouldn't be able to run the instrument. I didn't want to buy it to then discover that I couldn't use it.

I'll link the two pages for reference:

https://soundiron.com/products/olympus-elements

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/olympus-elements/

Thanks!

miyaru

Re: Olympus Choir Elements -- can I use it with Live Lite

Post by miyaru » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:28 am

I will look into it, and catch up later!
Greetings from Miyaru.

Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro40, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Air Hybrid 3, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4 and Scaler.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:33 am

I think they are different beasts........ But if it will work? Can't you try a demo version of the €99,= package with the Kontact player? If one will work it is this one I guess. But as said, first try a demo!
Greetings from Miyaru.

Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro40, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Air Hybrid 3, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4 and Scaler.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:38 am

Mmmm, no demo whatsoever! Tricky, can't you contact these guys, and ask them straight away?

I think Lite is very restricting anyway, so maybe consider first to got to standard or suite.......You can't have many tracks with it and even less VSTi's.

I know we are talking money here, but I rather have my DAW on par, and then add the icing on the cake!
Greetings from Miyaru.

TheTed

Post by TheTed » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:21 pm

Haha thank you for your help and looking into it! I would love to be using Standard, but the price of Standard is currently the entire size of my bank account. I hope down the line when my current project gains some traction and I have more producers onboard (it's a musical) that I can make Standard into a business expense. But for now, if I could be using Olympus, it could be great.

One thing: I did download kontakt player and it DOES interface with live, no problem. I used some of the basic kontakt library and it was successful. That mayyyyybe hints that Olympus could work?

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:25 pm

I think it does, if a kontact player works. But again, contact the vendor/seller if it will.
Greetings from Miyaru.