Play audio clip with pickup notes in Session?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
markand

Play audio clip with pickup notes in Session?

Post by markand » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:41 am

Changed the subject from “How to have audio clip synced to original start position offset”

I have an audio clip in my session that is 3 measures long. The clip start position is 1.4.1 and the loop starts at 2.1.1 with length 2.0.0. So essentially, what I have is a 1 beat pickup phrase and then the main 2 bar loop.

My global quantization is 1 bar and the launch option for the clip is Global. The problem that I'm having is that pickup phrase is starting on the 1 instead of the 4 and therefore the timing of the entire loop is off.

If I change the launch quantization to be on a 1/4 note and correctly switch clips within the 1/4 note time, the timing is correct. However, that's hard to do and sometimes my "pickup" is really more like a 1/16 note.

What I'd like is to configure the clip to launch matching whatever the start is (i.e ?.4.1) of the previous measure to the 1. Is there a way to do that?
Mark