Export Audio/Video - Selected Tracks Only - Separate MIDI & audio tracks from a multi-output synth/sampler - not working

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lazlo_funktek

Export Audio/Video - Selected Tracks Only - Separate MIDI & audio tracks from a multi-output synth/sampler - not working

Post by lazlo_funktek » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:54 am

Bit of a complicated one this but I'll try and be brief -

Basically, when I export audio using 'Selected Tracks Only', certain tracks are not being included that should be.

I've used bussing to make the process of creating stems less labour intensive - so I have buses called, "drum stem", "bass stem", "cellos", "violas", etc.

The strings buses are the problem here and it seems to be because I'm using a multi-output instrument - Kontakt - where Kontakt is on one channel, then next channels are, "Double Basses MIDI", "Double Basses Audio", "Cello MIDI", "Cello Audio", etc.

The MIDI channels feed into the relevant Kontakt instrument, and the Audio channels receive audio from the relevant Kontakt output.

Also, several of the string stems (violas, violins1,2,3etc.) are made up of Kontakt strings and live strings.

So I select all the stem tracks, go to Export Audio/Video, select Rendered Track - Selected Tracks Only, and the result is that none of the Kontakt audio makes it onto the rendered audio.

I'm guessing it's just due to the complex routing of MIDI and Audio tracks before the Stem Buses (I notice that soloing eg Double Basses Audio alone results in silence - I need to also solo Double Basses MIDI for it to come out).

Anyone else experience this?

svankov

Re: Export Audio/Video - Selected Tracks Only - Separate MIDI & audio tracks from a multi-output synth/sampler - not wor

Post by svankov » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:02 am

No direct experience, but one possible workaround, since your Kontakt stuff is already routed to audio tracks, is to record-enable all those channels and do a playback pass. Then find / copy the recordings from the Project folder. Not ideal, but at least you don't have to do one by one.