Beginner asking for help with his drop.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Jorisvanaken

Beginner asking for help with his drop.

Post by Jorisvanaken » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Hey! I picked up on ableton a few weeks ago, and after some online courses i have come to a point where i am stuck.

I can't get my drop to work nicely in line with my intro/build.

Any ideas on how to make it better? (some tips and tricks?)

Link to the file! --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2tps8lt702jr ... r.als?dl=0

jestermgee

Re: Beginner asking for help with his drop.

Post by jestermgee » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:00 pm

Best advice, keep trying.

As a beginner of only a few weeks you are like a new born baby that feels it wants to start to walk. There are many things you would need to first learn before that and a lot of time to spend on it.

It's not uncommon for some to spend days/weeks/months on designing a specific sound to get it just right. Sometimes I can spend days/weeks on a project only to decide I need to scrap it all and start again, just in the process of doing that now because it is losing the idea I initially had.

As cliche as it sounds, practice makes perfect and to get the result you want may take a thousand failures first. Try listen to others work that is similar to what you are aiming for and study what is happening and why it is working.

Your project contains VSTs that I dont have and samples that you didn't include so can't really offer anything on that but maybe experiment with different samples, try a different approach. Don't be afraid to scrap an idea for a different one, just "save as" and try something different. Also, be prepared to hit a LOT of roadblocks that can sometimes delay your project for YEARS since not every idea is a good one but always keep your ideas as you may discover something new one day which will help you go back and finish it.