Anyone removing packs from their Suite?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kitekrazy

Anyone removing packs from their Suite?

Post by kitekrazy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:21 pm

The orchestra stuff takes up over 8gb and isn't really as functional as the ones in Kontakt. I have so much 3rd party stuff I ignore most of the stuff in Suite. I probably wont upgrade to Suite anymore.

Any other packs you find not worth keeping?

pottering

Re: Anyone removing packs from their Suite?

Post by pottering » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:57 pm

Imagine if Massive had Cytomic filters and you could load on it the encrypted Kontakt files as wavetables.

That's how Wavetable works with the Live Pack audio files since the 10.1 update.

You can load the DRMed AIFF sounds from Live Packs into Wavetable, Sample, Simpler, Impulse and all the M4L devices like Granulator, Iota and others.

It is bloody amazing, it is like you could load the encrypted Kontakt samples into Massive, Form, Reaktor, Absynth, etc. You can't take a French Horn sound from a Kontakt lib and drop it into Reaktor, but you can take a French Horn sound from the Orchestral Packs and drop it straight into Granulator II or Max For Live.

So all those orchestral sounds are not only presets for Sampler, they are a goldmine you can use in other Live devices, including dozens (infinite if you ever bother learning Max) of M4L devices.
♥♥♥

Tarekith

Re: Anyone removing packs from their Suite?

Post by Tarekith » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:13 pm

At the moment I pretty much only have the core library and the curated Live Packs for version 10 installed. Any more than that and I find it takes me too long to find what I need via Push.