Audio imported from Quantiloop is very distorted

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Digital Larry

Audio imported from Quantiloop is very distorted

Post by Digital Larry » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:17 am

I am using Live Intro for Windows.

I am also using Quantiloop 2.0 on iPad. I used AudioShare to transfer some audio clips (48 kHz 32 bit WAVs I think) to iCloud, then I downloaded those to my Windows PC. These WAV files open fine in Audacity and SONAR Professional. In Live, I guess I can hear the rhythm but it's way too loud and completely distorted and I actually cannot reduce the volume. It seems like the audio file breaks some functions in the mixer.

I'd attach the WAV file but I don't see a way to do that. Is there some file sharing service that is good to use?

wearemindflux

Re: Audio imported from Quantiloop is very distorted

Post by wearemindflux » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:26 pm

Maybe you have the settings to loud in the ql or maybe you have normalizing on
Grab your free techno samples here>>>http://bit.ly/2YAS8so

Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:49 pm

Thanks for the response. Maybe I was not very clear.

The audio is not distorted simply "because it is too loud". The waveform display of the clip is also totally messed up, whereas this does not happen in either Audacity or SONAR. The waveforms there look OK and the sound is OK. I will post some screenshots a little later today when I'm on my other computer.

Update: I submitted a support ticket. Be interesting to find out what is really going on as it's just this combination of two apps that has the problem. They each work OK with other apps.

Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:05 pm

I got a response from Ableton support (thanks!).

The Quantiloop exported audio is in "32-bit PCM" format which Live doesn't like. So it looks like I will have to convert Quantiloop output using Audacity or something.