signal too low

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Flange

signal too low

Post by Flange » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:01 am

Im using air music strike and I have routed the various drum instruments to separate audio tracks but Ive noticed the signal is not hot enough even though I have the channel turned all the way up in strike. Im not sure how I increase it more. I tried putting a max gain stereo on the individual tracks where Im recording too but that doesnt improve the signal it just sounds louder. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I have no clue. How do I improve the signal? thanks
DAW - Ableton 10. System - Windows 10. Interface - Fireface UC

scheffkoch

Re: signal too low

Post by scheffkoch » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:43 am

...if it's not a "problem" with your audiointerface's input settings you could insert a utility plugin and raise the gain there....
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

Flange

Post by Flange » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:10 pm

scheffkoch wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:43 am
...if it's not a "problem" with your audiointerface's input settings you could insert a utility plugin and raise the gain there....
Thanks. Where do i put it? Ive tried using on the channel im recording on to and it makes it sound louder but the green level thing doesnt change. Putting it on the strike channel does nothing at all

I use a fireface UC and I have never been able to understand properly how the mixer section works. All i know is that i can hear what im doing.
DAW - Ableton 10. System - Windows 10. Interface - Fireface UC

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:55 am

hi,
sorry for the late reply…if you haven‘t sorted it out you should try changing the fireface‘s input level (on the hardware)…if your sound source is eg a dj mixer setting it to -10dBV should do the trick…best
b
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2