Cannot drag MP# to timeline

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

Cannot drag MP# to timeline

Post by aklisiewicz » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:18 am

I have problem placing MP3 file into the timeline. No issues with WAV. I went throguh Ableton messages on the site and did couple things (i.w. installing Quick Time, CODEC etc) but no success.
Aleton support sucks. I have sent messages and after a week no response :-(

Anyother ideas what is causing it ?
Last edited by aklisiewicz on Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

jestermgee

Re: Cannot drag MP# to timeline

Post by jestermgee » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:57 am

What os?

What version of Live?

Are you dragging files from the Live browser onto a slot or from your OS into Live?

I assume you read this:
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... -FLAC-etc-

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:43 am

I explained I use layest Live10 version
I also stated I checked Ableton page and applied all their suggestions - no luck

The moment I click on MP3 file in the Lives folder I get an error message (file corrupted or no license)
this happens also for files I was previously able to place in the track
Sadarahu

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:59 am

aklisiewicz wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:43 am
I explained I use layest Live10 version
Uh, no you did not (read your own writing) and advise where you stated your live version:
I have problem placing MP3 file into the timeline. No issues with WAV. I went throguh Ableton messages on the site and did couple things (i.w. installing Quick Time, CODEC etc) but no success.
Aleton support sucks. I have sent messages and after a week no response :-(

Anyother ideas what is causing it ?
I also stated I checked Ableton page and applied all their suggestions - no luck
Again, no you didn't. You stated this:
I went throguh Ableton messages on the site and did couple things (i.w. installing Quick Time, CODEC etc) but no auccess.
You said you "did a couple of things" but you didn't mention anything about launching Live with Administrative rights for instance nor link to the page where you were getting your info. I'm trying to offer some assistance but you aren't making things any easier there, you need to post actual details, links and information people can work with. I worked in high level technical support for 12 years and first thing you need to know is the exact version and environment you are dealing with to even continue to read on. It's even harder when the user insists they have given this info when they have not. Maybe you double posted in another thread where you did give that info but that's a good reason as to why you do not do that either.

I am on Win 10 using Live 10 (latest release and Beta release) and have no such issues with MP3 files loading into Live but have in the past and launching Live with admin rights addressed the issue in my case.

Not sure it's worth my time to push on but good luck with your issue.

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:19 am

First of all it is not my only issue, there hundreds of people reporting the same problem. I cheked about two dozens of posts and several pages, including one on Ableton's site. Applied all suggestions and no fix https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... Into-Live-

Tried to run Live as Admin and this does not help either.
Running Win10/64, Live10 latest
Sadarahu