Stop Sampler 'clicking' with crossfades?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
buckman

Stop Sampler 'clicking' with crossfades?

Post by buckman » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:43 pm

I like to use SAMPLER with long chords, and loop and highlight a section within the sample.
I put the longest crossfade on, and hit the RAM button to put the sample in RAM for quicker access time as I like to "scrub" through the sample randomly to come up with different loops and textures (I also add a ping-pong delay) for these ambient sounds.

Now I believe I can't assign a MIDI controller to the sample start point or the loop start point so I do this with the mouse, by hand.

But eeven with the RAM and crossfade on longest setting so it blends and fades in, I still get clicks?

I also put the loop 'sustain mode' on fwd/rev to blend the sound.

Is there a solution to the pops/clicks when im manually scrolling through a sample?

I believe SAMPLER is better at this with the loops within a sound, then Simpler?

Any tips would be great, thanks!

Shift Gorden

Re: Stop Sampler 'clicking' with crossfades?

Post by Shift Gorden » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:35 pm

I could be wrong (and I often am), but I think the crossfade function only works if you've got static loop points. I think the challenge is the fact that you're moving the loop start point...so it gets poptastic. I don't think it will make a difference in sampler either...:(