Ableton Slow After Tascam & FL ASIO Driver Install

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
officialxnx

Ableton Slow After Tascam & FL ASIO Driver Install

Post by officialxnx » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:20 am

Howdy All,

In the past, I would use FL Studio ASIO in Ableton, and receive audio though my Tascam US-144Mk2 USB audio interface. The reason for using the FL Studio ASIO driver, instead of the one that comes with the Tascam interface, was because the FL Studio ASIO would allow me to hear audio from Ableton, while listening to something from Youtube in the background. (Using the tascam driver, only allowed audio from one source only).
Up until 2 weeks ago, I re-installed my Tascam driver in for the first time in a while, which seemed to cause a world of issues. First Ableton began to load extremely slow, and even once it loaded up, it took a long time to load the template set, sets would crash while trying to close, and never save properly sue to the crash. Whenever I tried to save or even force close a project due to very slow boot up times of ableton, it would crash. The only way it would run would be to use the tascam or FL driver exclusively, but even still the issue of slow load up, slow project loading, crashing, ect persisted. So I uninstalled FL ASIO, And the tascam drivers, but even still Ableton continued to load slow there after. I completely deleted everything from Ableton, and did a clean install, default everything, issue still persisted. As of last week, I thought maybe the Tascam driver may have corrupted some files on the pc due to the installer crashing once or twice in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. So I completely erased everything from my computer, re-installed Windows clean, with factory default settings. I even opened up my laptop to clean everything from the fan, putting new thermal paste on the heat sink, and cleaned out all dust. Once complete, I set Ableton back up, but once again, once I tried to install the Tascam driver, and the Fl Studio ASIO, the issue of my slow load up time on Ableton began again. I removed all these drivers once again, but still having the issue. I'm wondering if the Tascam corrupts some files in the PC that I cannot find, that causes it to run slow, or maybe the FL ASIO somehow now, conflicts with the Tascam driver. As of right now I'm going un-install Ableton again, maybe try ASIO4ALL (recommended by Ableton tech support), but if this doesn't fix the issue of slow boot up times, ect, I'm out of ideas.

If anyone has has an issue similar to this, or has any solutions, I would appreciate any advice/help.

Regards,
Brandon

officialxnx

Re: Ableton Slow After Tascam & FL ASIO Driver Install

Post by officialxnx » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:31 am

Update: After much trial and error, it turns out that the simple act of of simply plugging in my Tascam Audio Interface, causes Ableton to operate extremely slowly. And even if I unplug it, restart the computer, Ableton will forever operate slowly, unless I completely reinstall windows 10 Afterwords. It seems like simply plugging in the Tascam causes some issues with the files in my PC, that has rendered the Tascam useless now.