Ableton Loading Super Slow, Crashing & Freezing

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
officialxnx

Ableton Loading Super Slow, Crashing & Freezing

Post by officialxnx » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:12 am

Howdy all,

As of this afternoon, Ableton is super slow upon turning on my PC, sometimes takes 2-3 minutes just to open the program, then when I try to open a project, it takes 3-4 minutes to open, then when I load a project and try to save any changes, Ableton will be stuck on "Not Responding" causing me to have to force quit the program. 2 weeks ago I thought this issue was being caused by my Tascam driver, which caused me to have to un-install and re-install windows several times just to get rid of the issue. But now, since I did the clean re-install, I've just been using the default driver in my pc and it was working fine, up until i turned the PC on today, and the problem began. Reset the Database, Reset Live, Templates, erased the Live 10.0 & 10.1 folders. The issue still persists. This has been such an annoying issue, and it has completely discouraged me from using Ableton & making music for that matter :'(

Any info or assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon

miyaru

Re: Ableton Loading Super Slow, Crashing & Freezing

Post by miyaru » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:07 am

So I understand you have a tascam interface for audio? What driver are you using at the moment? asio4all or wdm stuff from windows? And what if you remove the tascam? And use the build in soundcard and it's drivers......

The problem might be the tascam, with whatever driver.

Good luck!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

officialxnx

Post by officialxnx » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:41 am

@Miyaru

Hi so to clear this up, up until 2 weeks ago, I spent 2 weeks constantly re-installing Windows, because that was the only way to solve the slow down issue with Ableton, and in the process, I was able to pinpoint (Or so I thought), that by simply plugging in the Tascam, and installing it's driver, it SEEMED to be the cause of the issue. Because With the Tascam plugged in, lots of slowdown occured, but the minute I unplugged the Tascam, Ableton would run smoothly, however the issues of slow projects, and crashes were still there. Even If I un-installed the Tascam driver, the slow Ableton issue still persisted, as if the Tascam corrupted something in the Windows audio driver files. Hence, believing the Tascam was the cause of the problem, I did the re-install of Windows, and ONLY ran Ableton with the MME/Direct X Driver. It ran smoothly over the past 2 weeks, but the day before yesterday, once I booted my PC, and opened Ableton, the Slow down issues resumed. The cause is EITHER me installing CamelCrusher VST the night before (which never caused this kind of issue in the past, OR the recent Ableton 10.1.2 update that occurred the same night. If it is the Update, then I'm really screwed, because it means going forward I will have to re-install windows EVERY time a new update occurs just to keep Ableton working properly. :'( Just did a fresh Windows re-install again last night, going to see if the issue persists.

*Update* So as soon as I installed CamelCrusher VST, the slow down resumed once again, at this point im trying a system restore point, and will Contact Ableton on this matter aswell.

Regards,
Brandon

lancerc88

Post by lancerc88 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:17 am

Hi,
Did you narrow it down to camelcrusher? Based on a crash log, I think it is causing issues for me. Just wondering what you concluded.