Soft tube saturation replicated in Ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
techmiller

Soft tube saturation replicated in Ableton

Post by techmiller » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Hello I’m just wondering if anyone knows how to replicate the soft tube saturation plug in, in Ableton to get my bass to hit the -12 to -6 mark
Thanks
Techmiller

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Soft tube saturation replicated in Ableton

Post by [jur] » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:14 pm

Saturator
Ableton Forum Moderator

techmiller

Post by techmiller » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:24 am

[jur] wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:14 pm
Saturator
Cheers man, I just checked the website and soft tube are giving the plug in away for free anyway

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:17 pm

Yeah but it needs an ilok account. Even though this is free it looks quite cumbersome especially when the simplest Saturator using the "analog clip" mode gives you exactly the same result (and I did comparison test out of curiosity).
Don't let the GUI fools you :wink:
Ableton Forum Moderator

TLW

Post by TLW » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:08 pm

The Softube saturation knob is my favourite digital saturator. I generally don’t like digital saturation plugins because they sound a bit fake compared to analogue pedals, but that one I do like.

Setting up an ilok account is easy and if you buy third-party plugins you’ll probably need one eventually anyway. Though I won’t buy anything that requires an ilok dongle - it’s additional unnecessary cost, something else to go wrong, they often seem to hate USB hubs and I don’t have any spare USB sockets. The software licenser however seems to “just work”.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.