(?) MIDI Key mapping w/ Novation LAUNCHKEY 61

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ENOSIS

(?) MIDI Key mapping w/ Novation LAUNCHKEY 61

Post by ENOSIS » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Hello everyone, Not sur if this is the right place to post, but whatever

I recently bought a Novation LAUNCHKEY 61 to try playing live on my own. I think i have most of it figured out. But there is an issue I still can't fix. It has to do with MIDI Key mapping, using of course the MIDI Map Mode.

I am playing mostly in the Session View, so I wanted to reassign the Record Button - which by default in the Launchkey 61, is set to Arrangement Record Button - to Session Record Button . Everything works fine except for the fact that the button is not set to a Toggle mode ON/OFF .
Meaning i have to keep pressing the Record button in order to overdub my preexisting clip :x . When I manually activate the Session Record Button (i mean by clicking on it, with my lovely mouse), it works as expected.

In the manual, the record button is described as one of the Transport controls (Rewind/FastForward/Loop/Stop/Start/Record).
Transport controls
Launchkey is provided with a standard set of six ‘transport’ controls, which can be used to start,
stop, relocate, etc., within your DAW’s timeline. They act as a convenient remote control for the
software and duplicate the on-screen buttons.

In InControl mode, these will control the DAW’s standard transport functions. In Basic Mapping
mode, each button will transmit its own unique MIDI CC message, and you may need to
configure your DAW to respond correctly. See the MIDI tables on page 24.
When Launchkey is used with the Novation iPad apps, the transport buttons are used for custom
functions, which are specific to the app in use.
Am I missing something ? It can't be

I hope that I described as clearly as possible what the issue is. I could assign a Launchpad to the Session Record button but I wanted to be able to use it fully while hitting on them like a madman.
Do you have an idea how i could set this up properly : the way I want it ? Plz I need to b the cool kid in town with the looper.

Cheers,

mikeh1000

Re: (?) MIDI Key mapping w/ Novation LAUNCHKEY 61

Post by mikeh1000 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:52 am

I have been googling for hours. I'm running into this exact same issue. I bought what I believe is a Novation Launchkey Mk.II 61 key. The record button is incorrectly activating the arrangement record and not the session record like I want it to. When I try to remap the midi key to the session record, it doesn't have the toggle-ability like it should. The remapped session record will only stay active if I have the button held down and this is not what I want. I can't figure out any way to fix this.

danielpearce

Re: (?) MIDI Key mapping w/ Novation LAUNCHKEY 61

Post by danielpearce » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:10 pm

I am way early on this technology compared to you. Do you have a suggested video I can watch to help me map my Midiplus Smartpad to certain midi files or point me in that direction? Thanks.