Can't play/edit a file I created on Trial version

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MajesticGrizzly

Can't play/edit a file I created on Trial version

Post by MajesticGrizzly » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:32 pm

Hello,

I just finished my Trial version and bought the Standard one.

I tried to open one of the songs I did

Firstly, when I open it, it says:
This set contains features that are limited or unavailable in Ableton Live 10 Standard.

Details: The instrument "Tension" is not available.
The following devices cannot be used: Echo.
I can "Close the set" or "Continue". Let's go with "Continue".*
Not a red bar appears at the bottom of the window saying I can't edit nor save my project!

What can I do in order to recover my work and go on with this project?

Thanks a lot...
Last edited by MajesticGrizzly on Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jestermgee

Re: Can't play/edit a file I created on Trial version

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:50 pm

The trial version of Live I believe is the full Suite version so there will be content that is not available in the Standard version.

I guess if you are able to actually open the project you would need to remove the offending devices that are not available then replace them with something similar you have that is available.

borg

Post by borg » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:01 am

Either open that set and commit the offending tracks to audio, or buy the Suite version, I guess. You can probably freeze and flatten, and just be done with it. Unless Echo is on an aux track, then you'll need to record.
andy
2015 MBP, OSX 10.12, Live 10.1 64bit, RME Fireface 800

MajesticGrizzly

Post by MajesticGrizzly » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:32 am

borg wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:01 am
Either open that set and commit the offending tracks to audio, or buy the Suite version, I guess. You can probably freeze and flatten, and just be done with it. Unless Echo is on an aux track, then you'll need to record.
Seems to be the only solution... Can I do it from the Standard version or I need to install the Trial one again?

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... Live-Trial

borg

Post by borg » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:57 am

not export, record in realtime. route the track with Tension to another audio track and record the resulting audio on that track. you can do the same with the track Echo is on.
if you just gotten into Live, it might seem daunting, but you can route about anything to other tracks. Open the in/out view and route away.

edit: mmm, while I was typing you edited your post. so flattening won't work. Well, then see what I just suggested... does that work?
andy
2015 MBP, OSX 10.12, Live 10.1 64bit, RME Fireface 800

jakubrohhel

Post by jakubrohhel » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:08 pm

You need to delete every not supported plug-in. Copy all tracks and paste them in new project and save the project same as your original project to replace the original.

nicolime

Post by nicolime » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:58 pm

I solved this by following the instructions in this article: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... eactivated

TLDR:
0. Figure out which devices are not allowed (it shows you a list when you open the project)
1. Remove the Suite-only devices from the Set
2. Re-authorize Live from Preferences > Licenses/Maintenance > Authorize at ableton.com
3. Export/Save now works