Falcon 2 macro control

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tkarmakid

Falcon 2 macro control

Post by tkarmakid » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi all, I've been checking out the newly updated version of falcon and so far it seems really great. Anyway, I cant seem to configure any of the parameters to be used with lives macros. Here's what I'm doing: on the vst wrapper the configure button let's you map parameters from the vst. This doesn't work with Falcon 2. Anybody else experience this? Is this the right way or is there another way. It would be nice to map those so I can control them with the push 2. Thanks

tkarmakid

Re: Falcon 2 macro control

Post by tkarmakid » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi, appreciate the reply. This was semi helpful as I did learn about right clicking to assign to host daw. But this way is very tedious and confusing. It gives a list of 128 values to assign the knob to. Thing is though, I have no idea what those 128 things are in the daw and it would be way too time consuming to figure that out.
It also doesn't answer why the configure button isnt working on the vst wrapper in ableton 10. It works wonderfully with synth master. In under a minute I can have the macros mapped and ready for use with the push 2.
The configure button is a very nice piece of functionality within ableton. It should work with Falcon like it does with other vst's.

pottering

Post by pottering » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:47 pm

It has nothing to do with the host (Live in this case), it is a config inside Falcon.
♥♥♥

tkarmakid

Post by tkarmakid » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:39 am

I thought that might be the case. I hope they can fix this in the future. I'll send a message to uvi.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:22 am

tkarmakid wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:39 am
I thought that might be the case. I hope they can fix this in the future. I'll send a message to uvi.
There's nothing to "fix" it's just something you have to live with with UVI.

It is the same with Kontakt where you need to enable Host Automation for every control before you can map it in a DAW. Also the same with Omnisphere, Trilian, Keyscape, Stylus... Basically, if the instrument has a lot of possible controls that can be automated, more than the VST specification allows then there is no option but to set it so the user can select what they want to map. In the case of UVI, they allow 128 parameters to be learned for Host Automation so it is best to create yourself a template and save that to be loaded each time. Problem with UVI is that from preset to preset the controls can change too so you need to make a lot of presets.

This is why I use the Komplete Kontrol software and create NKS versions that have all of this pre-configured for each and every preset in every library so I don't waste time enabling host automation all the time.