Live 10 Session / Arrange view question

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
dagwaremedia

Live 10 Session / Arrange view question

Post by dagwaremedia » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:57 pm

I created drums and placed them on different tracks in the session window, when I go the the arrange window I can see the midi notes I played which is fine. Now I have a few sample loops which I dropped onto some audio tracks in the session window and I got all that working fine. But when it comes time to arrange the track I do not see the audio samples in the arrange window, how do I populate each audio track? Is there a way I can switch views and have the audio samples viewable in the arrange window?

antic604

Re: Live 10 Session / Arrange view question

Post by antic604 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:40 pm

dagwaremedia wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:57 pm
I created drums and placed them on different tracks in the session window, when I go the the arrange window I can see the midi notes I played which is fine. Now I have a few sample loops which I dropped onto some audio tracks in the session window and I got all that working fine. But when it comes time to arrange the track I do not see the audio samples in the arrange window, how do I populate each audio track? Is there a way I can switch views and have the audio samples viewable in the arrange window?
If you're seeing the MIDI notes in Arangement View then you must've recorded them while playing in Session View because they're separate views and - by itself - whatever you have in one doesn't copy to the other. So you just need to drag in the samples to Arrangement or arm those tracks and lanuch the clips in Session View.