Groove Agent Multiple Outputs in Ableton Live Suite 10

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
babylero

Groove Agent Multiple Outputs in Ableton Live Suite 10

Post by babylero » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:43 pm

Hello,

i'm having problem with sending the audio data from Groove Agent 5 inside Ableton Live 10. I would like to route the signal from Groove Agent mixer to Ableton Live mixer for mixing purposes. Ableton Live is my DAW of choice, though i love the sounds of Steinberg Absolute pack and i would like to use the full capability of Groove Agent inside my DAW.

The problem is, altough i route signal inside GA 5 mixer to Out 2 - Ableton Live Audio Track does'nt seem to see the signal from the output of Groove Agent.

And there is a small red exclamation mark where it says Out 2. I share screens of the settings i did.

Please tell me there is some kind of workaround. I am willing to use third party plugins on diffrent kits in GA 5, now, i can use only the build in GA 5 effects which is not the best solution.

Best regards
Paul

ShelLuser

Re: Groove Agent Multiple Outputs in Ableton Live Suite 10

Post by ShelLuser » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:22 am

Interesting.

Do you get any sound at all on track 1?

Reason I ask is because I recognize parallels with some experimentation I did with another VST. I blamed the VST but now I'm not so sure anymore. With the Reason 11 VST I tried routing audio out of other channels and then tried to route those channels using another audio track, this didn't work.

However, those channels were sent out on the MIDI track itself where I placed the vst. So basically all channels got mixed into 1 main (stereo) channel without any options to grab individual channels, even though Live did recognize them.

So now I wonder if this could be related to what you're experiencing.
With kind regards,

Peter

Using the 'Power' Trio: Live 10 Suite (+ Push & Max 8 ), Reason 10 and Maschine Mk3 (+ the ultimate Komplete 12).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

stickner

Post by stickner » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:09 pm

I'm having the same problem, did you find a fix?

SquareBlip

Post by SquareBlip » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:22 pm

Same problem here - and the same with Halion 6 in Ableton Live Suite 10.

BTW: In Cubase, it works by activating the outputs via the VST-window. This option is not provided in the Ableton Live VST-window. At least, I can't find it :)

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:24 pm

The red mark in GA5 would seem to indicate that the issue is with it, or its communications with Live. Obviously from the screen shot, Live knows the output is there. GA5 isn't limited to Steinberg is it? Does it require the dongle? Do the other outputs work? Just some thoughts. I don't actually know that plug-in well.