micro problem

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
LARSEN ARSEN

micro problem

Post by LARSEN ARSEN » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 pm

Hello !
I try to connect my microphone (1byoneone) but I have no return sound, even when I record, no signal on Ableton. I helped myself in microKONTROL control in Préférences.

Cordialy !

jestermgee

Re: micro problem

Post by jestermgee » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:55 pm

Were you not just discussing this issue in your other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=236379

I did explain (but was possibly lost in the noise of other posts) that with Live you can ONLY select one audio device at time in Windows. This makes USB microphones a bit unsuitable as selecting it as the input leaves you with nothing for an output as the USB mic becomes the "single device" you can select.

USB mics are for youtubers and streamers, not for really using with production software. WHat you really need is an audio interface that has the Ins/Outs you need then microphones to attach to that.

LARSEN ARSEN

Post by LARSEN ARSEN » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:31 am

jestermgee wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:55 pm
Were you not just discussing this issue in your other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=236379

I did explain (but was possibly lost in the noise of other posts) that with Live you can ONLY select one audio device at time in Windows. This makes USB microphones a bit unsuitable as selecting it as the input leaves you with nothing for an output as the USB mic becomes the "single device" you can select.

USB mics are for youtubers and streamers, not for really using with production software. WHat you really need is an audio interface that has the Ins/Outs you need then microphones to attach to that.
thank you for your information and advice. I'm waiting for my new card and I plug in a Shure microphone.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:57 pm

Try ASIO4ALL, it aggregates soundcards and interfaces sometimes.

Keep in mind that this is just a random shot. Not absolutely positive it’ll work.

LARSEN ARSEN

Post by LARSEN ARSEN » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:19 pm

yur2die4 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:57 pm
Try ASIO4ALL, it aggregates soundcards and interfaces sometimes.

Keep in mind that this is just a random shot. Not absolutely positive it’ll work.
Thanks !

LARSEN ARSEN

Post by LARSEN ARSEN » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:29 pm

I just bought an external sound card with preamp (1byone). I plug the microphone (XLR) Shure and between all settings that I do not know, nothing happens.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:09 pm

You will need to spend some time learning things.

Never heard of that brand, can you post a link to it??

When you say “I connect the mic and nothing happens” it really doesn’t help much with knowing what you have tried to do to get things working.....

Does the mic need phantom power?
Does your audio interface provide phantom power?
Do you know what phantom power is?
Have you set all the inputs to be used in Live?
Have you selected the inputs for your track?
Have you connected headphones and tried to monitor the mic directly with the audio interface?
Do you have audio from Lives other tracks come out?
Do you see any meter activity on the input select meters at all?

Lots of possibilities for the issue and difficult for us to help you when all that you can offer is “It’s not working”

LARSEN ARSEN

Post by LARSEN ARSEN » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:10 am

jestermgee wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:09 pm

When you say “I connect the mic and nothing happens” it really doesn’t help much with knowing what you have tried to do to get things working.....

Have you connected headphones and tried to monitor the mic directly with the audio interface?

Lots of possibilities for the issue and difficult for us to help you when all that you can offer is “It’s not working”
well received, I will do what you advise me. Thank you again for your help.

TLW

Post by TLW » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Could you provide a link to the USB mic and interface you have bought? 1byOne’s website doesn’t seem to have anything on it that is suitable for recording work or any audio interfaces other than USB microphones, which might be OK for podcasts etc. but are less suitable for audio production.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

LARSEN ARSEN

Post by LARSEN ARSEN » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:06 pm

TLW wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:18 pm
Could you provide a link to the USB mic and interface you have bought? 1byOne’s website doesn’t seem to have anything on it that is suitable for recording work or any audio interfaces other than USB microphones, which might be OK for podcasts etc. but are less suitable for audio production.
I think it's an XLR connection. My microphone is a Shure PG58. It plugs into this new map. Otherwise, I use it on my amp daily.

LARSEN ARSEN

Post by LARSEN ARSEN » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:50 pm

LARSEN ARSEN wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:06 pm
TLW wrote:
I think it's an XLR connection. My microphone is a Shure PG58. It plugs into this new map. Otherwise, I use it on my amp daily.

I wanted to let you know that my sound card is an ultragain tube micro500USB (behringer)

LARSEN ARSEN

Post by LARSEN ARSEN » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:50 pm

LARSEN ARSEN wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 pm
Hello !
I try to connect my microphone (1byoneone) but I have no return sound, even when I record, no signal on Ableton. I helped myself in microKONTROL control in Préférences.

Cordialy !

I wanted to let you know that my sound card is an ultragain tube micro500USB (behringer)

LARSEN ARSEN

Post by LARSEN ARSEN » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:15 pm

LARSEN ARSEN wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:50 pm
LARSEN ARSEN wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:06 pm
TLW wrote:

I re-try with my sound card. I used the card normally with recommended settings. Always nothing. I do not have a headset, maybe I should plug one in. On an audio track inserted, I put myself ext.in, I do not have my sound card recognized on "preferences" Ableton; mono or stereo? I have no return. Do I need to plug in my amp?Sorry for my style!

LARSEN ARSEN

TLW wrote:
I re-try with my sound card. I used the card normally with recommended settings. Always nothing. I do not have a headset, maybe I should plug one in. On an audio track inserted, I put myself ext.in, I do not have my sound card recognized on "preferences" Ableton; mono or stereo? I have no return. Do I need to plug in my amp?Sorry for my style!

LARSEN ARSEN

jestermgee wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:09 pm