freezing tracks revert to prior freeze

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Artcutech

freezing tracks revert to prior freeze

Post by Artcutech » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:46 pm

I noticed that if I freeze a track and then unfreeze it, make an adjustment and freeze again it reverts back to the initial freeze and doesn't freeze the adjustment I made, in live 9 whenever id freeze a track and unfreeze, make an adjustment and freeze again, it would go through the freeze render motions each time there fore freezing the adjustments I just made. Anyone know how to set it this way in Live 10?

Artcutech

Re: freezing tracks revert to prior freeze

Post by Artcutech » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:21 pm

just wanted to update the thread with my work around as if someone ever runs into the same problem

if I've already frozen a track and unfreeze, make some adjustments and want to refreeze without Ableton reverting to the original freeze, I just duplicate the track and delete the original, Ableton will now freeze the latest track, I'm sure there's a better way but for now this works for me

pottering

Post by pottering » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:20 am

If you tweak some internal parameter in a VST that somehow is not exposed to the host, then Live can't know anything has changed and will keep using the already created "freeze file".

I think it may be easier to "tweak" something that is exposed to the host (or parameter in Live itself, like Pan or Send knobs) then change back, instead of duping/deleting whole tracks.
♥♥♥

Artcutech

Post by Artcutech » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:53 am

pottering wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:20 am
If you tweak some internal parameter in a VST that somehow is not exposed to the host, then Live can't know anything has changed and will keep using the already created "freeze file".

I think it may be easier to "tweak" something that is exposed to the host (or parameter in Live itself, like Pan or Send knobs) then change back, instead of duping/deleting whole tracks.

cool, thanks for the heads up on that