HOW TO DETERMINE THE BPM OF IMPORTED TRACK

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
tintala

HOW TO DETERMINE THE BPM OF IMPORTED TRACK

Post by tintala » Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:05 am

Say I imported a reference track into an audio channel, does Live automatically determine what the original BPM Of the imported track is? It has to be warped to do so right? And the BPM will be shown in the sample clip view under seg. BPM?

If someone could clarify this for me please. thanks.

jestermgee

Re: HOW TO DETERMINE THE BPM OF IMPORTED TRACK

Post by jestermgee » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:56 am

Copied answer from the internet because it answers things with more enthusiasm than I have:

To enable Seg. BPM so you can manually type in a value, you first have to click on a Warp Marker.
In the case of steady-tempo clips where only one Warp Marker is used, this may seem a little strange, but in the case of clips with multiple markers it makes perfect sense.

“Seg.” stands for segment, which refers to the range of audio in between two Warp Markers. When you click on a marker, the Seg. BPM box shows you the tempo of the audio in between the marker you clicked on and the previous one. In the case of clips where only one Warp Marker is used, clicking on it shows you the tempo for the entire clip.

So in bold it should do what you want.