Editing ALC

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Flange

Editing ALC

Post by Flange » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:34 am

I have some ableton packs and im trying to figure out how to edit a loop. For example when I load an alc from the latin percussion pack onto a track it loads a drum rack and the sounds are loaded onto the pads and a midi clip is created. When i hit the keys on my midi keyboard it doesnt seem to trigger the pads. Why not?. I thought the pads of drum rack were related to keys?
DAW - Ableton 10. System - Windows 10. Interface - Fireface UC

Flange

Re: Editing ALC

Post by Flange » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:14 am

ShelLuser wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:10 am
Drum racks are set to scales. C1 is the start, but the rack itself can span a larger range of course.

If nothing triggers it something is going on. Did you arm the track? Is it set to accept midi from all inputs? Does Live get any midi signals at all?
Hey, yes the track is definitely armed. I dont have same issue with drum rack that i load manually and put sounds. Its only when i load alc from a pack.
DAW - Ableton 10. System - Windows 10. Interface - Fireface UC

hoffman2k

Re: Editing ALC

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:04 pm

ShelLuser wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:37 am
Gotcha. I have no idea what ALC is supposed to be
Ableton Live Clip. Which is the .alc file format.

@Flange
Several things to check:

- Is the correct MIDI Input Selected? It might have taken over the settings from the Live Clip. (for example: None or Computer Keyboard)
- Are there any Pads lighting up (even empty ones) when you play notes? Some Racks start at C1, others at C3.
- Is your MIDI Keyboard transposed? Might not always be obvious depending on the keyboard.