Change keyboard mapping - "activate track no."

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ocol

Change keyboard mapping - "activate track no."

Post by Ocol » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi there !

Don't know about you but i have enough of this "shift", "fn", "menu" and all this fingers spider look like pressing.
What i need is a simple "activate/dectivate track" key (disabling a kick track for a few second to check something etc.)
I tried it with keyboard mapping and simple use 1 on computer keyboard to activate/deactivate track 1. Key 2 - to track 2 etc. The only problem is when i delete a track or two it becomes a huge mess.
What makes sense and work perfect are shortcuts F1, F2, F3 etc. The only problem is that when i want to activate a track i have to press simultaneously that annoying "fn" key (mac) + f1...
So is there a way to edit the default Keyboard shortcuts and just press "1" instead of "Fn+F1" to activate/deactivate a track ?
Or do you guys have another option instead of external Mackie Control ?

Cheers

pottering

Re: Change keyboard mapping - "activate track no."

Post by pottering » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:52 pm

You can set it so the F keys works a standard function keys in MacOS keyboard preferences.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204436
♥♥♥

Ocol

Post by Ocol » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:04 am

Cool ! But.. unfortunately the play button (F8) is also very useful to compare tracks between DAW and other player so i need this button without "Fn" key...
Thank you very much anyway !

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:39 am

Keyboard Maestro.

Ocol

Post by Ocol » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:49 pm

Since i don't have place in my mobile setup the MIDI controller is no solution. Besides none of the small controllers are Mackie Control. Well... Behringer did a X-touch Mini but it works a little topsy-turvy instead of classic Mackie Control. The answer could be Korg NanoKontrol with NativeKontrol script - "Arsenal", but those little faders...
Anyway thanx to @pottering i decided to disable my Fn key but My Logitech MX mouse replacing my "play" button :D