Plug-in suddenly not loading / disabled?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pastpalms

Plug-in suddenly not loading / disabled?

Post by pastpalms » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:45 am

I went to open Ableton a set this evening, and when it was loading, I got an error saying "Some plug-ins could not be loaded and are disabled." Below, it says "VST2 'iZotope Ozone 7': The VST2 plug-in could not be found." Now none of my iZotope Ozone suite will load, and I have absolutely no idea why. I haven't updated anything on my end, and it was working just fine yesterday. The plug-ins are in the same folder as all my other VST plug-ins that are still loading just fine?

My natural course of action was to restart my laptop, but the issue persisted. So, I rescanned the plug-ins. Nothing. Then I rescanned while holding the 'alt' key, it did a long rescan, then they disappeared altogether from my VST folder in Ableton (still in the actual folder on laptop), but they're suddenly appearing in my "Audio Units" folder? Technically, I can load the plug-ins as AU onto new tracks, but the VSTs from my older sets won't load.

Does anyone have any idea why this happened and how to remedy it? Again, I haven't updated my laptop. I haven't updated Ableton. I haven't even restarted my laptop in, like, a week? This just happened out of nowhere and nothing I am trying seems to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

jestermgee

Re: Plug-in suddenly not loading / disabled?

Post by jestermgee » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:15 pm

What is your OS?

If Mac, seems some are having issues with plugins on Mac.

TLW

Post by TLW » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:05 am

It’s not likely that a VST plugin has suddenly somehow changed itself to an AU. And if you had AU support activated in Live’s preferences than all AU plugins should show in the AU list all the time.

It might be worth re-installing the plugin and see if that helps. Sometimes a file gets corrupted and a re-install over-writes it with a good copy. Raising the problem with Izotope may be a good idea, they might be familiar with the issue and have a fix.

It might be useful to know which OS version you are using. Mojave and earlier seem well-behaved but Catalina’s still likely to be having teething issues.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:33 am

Maybe some relevant info here?
Ableton Forum Moderator

woodsdenis

Post by woodsdenis » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:00 pm

I got the "plugin damaged" alert yesterday , Gullfoss and Cytomic Drop affected. Re installed both, the new Gullfoss version was an update and fixed it but the Drop vst didn't. Use AU is the answer. Bad move Ableton not to fix this sooner. Don't know how many plugins are affected

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:10 am

Please make sure to report to support@ableton.com when you come across a faulty plugin.
thx
Ableton Forum Moderator

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:24 am

Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

pastpalms

Post by pastpalms » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:58 pm

Hey everyone,

Thank you for the insight and suggestions. I am using a 2012 MacBook Pro with OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. I managed to temporarily fix the problem by following this article: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... and-later- and downloading Ableton 10.1.1 (I was using 10.1.5), and the plugins are loading again. This is fine for now, but I will be trapped in 10.1.1 unless I can figure out how to workaround the VSTs not loading. I'll try reinstalling and see if that helps.

Thanks y'all!

Christian_R

Post by Christian_R » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:14 am

I've had the same problem with Massive the last two weeks or so. Like 1 of of 4 times I get the message "some plugins could not be loaded...". But if I restart Ableton, it works fine again. I use iMac 2013 with Catalina.

Has anyone else had problems with Massive already? It's strange, because I've had the same OS for a while now so I don't understand why it's suddenly happening now.