consolidate file: Sonarworks Reference warning - why?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
clay

consolidate file: Sonarworks Reference warning - why?

Post by clay » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:37 pm

Hi All

Im using Sonarworks Reference on the master bus for my speaker correction. If i go to bounce my track, the reference plugin tells me to bypass it so it doesnt affect the bounced file. this is good.

but if i go to consolidate a file in arrange view, i get the same message - that i should bypass the plugin. This is confusing. I thought that consolidate was pre-fx and was not including master bus fx like limiters, eqs and speaker correction plugins.

Just wanting to know if other people using Sonarworks are seeing this before i email them about it. Maybe there is something I have misread about the consolidate function?

jestermgee

Re: consolidate file: Sonarworks Reference warning - why?

Post by jestermgee » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:01 pm

It's probably simply the way the plugin detects from the host when a render is taking place. The plugin itself has no idea really where you have placed it and is probably detecting you want to render a WAV on a track and as a precaution is saying to make sure it is not going to affect the sound. Just a semi-educated guess as I don't use that plugin but I suspect it makes no difference where you place it, if you need to export, consolidate or flaten anything you will probably receive that same message

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:04 pm

Well, a quick Google (always recommended when you don't understand your gear) turned up this on their site:

https://support.sonarworks.com/hc/en-us ... tification

clay

Post by clay » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:11 pm

hi yes i have read that link. It was the first thing i checked. The thing is though is that im not doing a bounce that should be routing audio through the master bus fx. I will just email them about this.

florian_bl

Post by florian_bl » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:31 pm

I get the same warning as you when I consolidate audio. I guess that's just the way Reference 4 was programmed. Better safe than sorry.

Did you check if your consolidated file sounds different than before the consolidation? That way you could make sure that the audio wasn't passed through Reference 4 and the warning is just an unnecessary one.