Audio glitching when routing audio to ableton and ableton is not foreground.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
orbita

Audio glitching when routing audio to ableton and ableton is not foreground.

Post by orbita » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:24 pm

I've been trying to route audio from NI Traktor to Ableton via various ways - Soundflower, loopback, blackhole, rme totalmix etc.

It has been generally pretty unreliable and very glitchy. However, I've noticed it sorts itself out when I cmd-tab out of Traktor.

Basically if Traktor is full screen, it glitches badly.

However, If I do any of the following double click Traktor so it maximises the window but doesnt go full screen or I put Ableton and Traktor full screen on 2 separate monitors or keep them both non-full screen it seems to be pretty solid.

I thought maybe it was down to process prioritisation so I tried NICEing Ableton to -10 and Traktor to -5 but it didn't seem to help. The thing is, I'd like Traktor full screen I'd prefer not to use a 2nd monitor. I don't really need to see Ableton for what I use it for.

What's going on here? Is Traktor doing something Ableton doesn't like when it's full screen? Is it hogging resources somehow?