follow on actions

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
kebabman

follow on actions

Post by kebabman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:16 pm

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere...

I have a Live arrangement that I am looking to perform live: adding delays, tweaking synth settings etc.

I have consolidated it into around 10 scenes that are now showing in session view. I can play each scene in order or otherwise using my Novation launchpad.

I'm worried that I may not press something in time when doing this live and I believe you can trigger scenes from top to bottom automatically using follow on actions.

I've been looking on the right of each scene at the area that launches the scene - there's no option for follow on actions here.

How do I do program follow actions?

Many thanks
If I'm not there I'll cut my hair...

TLW

Re: follow on actions

Post by TLW » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:04 pm

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/launc ... ow-actions

The box for follow actions is in the bottom of the “Launch” box to the left of the sample/piano roll display in the clip editor view.

If the “launch” box isn’t visible click on the left ikon at the bottom of the “clip” box - it has an “L” on it.
Live 10 Suite, 2014/15 MacBook Pro 15.3” Retina i7, OS Mojave 10.14.5. RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

kebabman

Re: follow on actions

Post by kebabman » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:04 am

Many thanks for your help with this.

I also found a video on creating "dummy" clips where you have a clip of silence that plays until the next loop is triggered.
If I'm not there I'll cut my hair...