avid duet (apogee Duet question)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Flö

avid duet (apogee Duet question)

Post by Flö » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:58 am

Hey! I have been using headphones and a subpac to mix on for the past year since I moved over into an apartment and couldn't use my speakers/sub at night. Well my schedule has changed and I can now get my music done during the day, using my monitors! Im trying to get my subpac up and running with the monitors. So I have the apogee duet speaker outs going to my monitors, and I have the sub pac going out through the headphone port. I need to find a way to link the speaker out volume with the headphone out volume. Currently if I turn up the speakers, the sub volume won't go up since it is an independent volume control. This is a huge problem because my sub levels will go out of wack and be inaccurate each time I change the volume of my speakers. I see no other way to set this up with cables/splitters, so I think my only option is to find a way for when I turn up or down my speaker volume, the headphone(sub) will be in sync with the music. I think a current work around is to set my sub volume with my speaker volumes, and just never touch the volumes again. Any volume adjustments would be a gain plugin on the master. I would rather not do this as its a pain in the ass. If anyone knows any routing techniques , some different way to connect this gear, or some way to better implement my subpac with my speakers and interface, that would be great. Hopefully that made sense because im a little toasted :lol: