Please Help - Midi Keyboard Playing Multiple Tracks

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
karthik4rok

Please Help - Midi Keyboard Playing Multiple Tracks

Post by karthik4rok » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:08 am

Hey Everyone,

So, I have the M-audio oxygen midi keyboard and 3 MIDI tracks in my project.
The problem is that when I play any note on the keyboard it plays all 3 tracks. I want to only play the track that I've selected.

This problem isn't restricted to the MIDI keyboard, all 3 MIDI tracks in my project get triggered at the same even when I try using the computer keyboard.

MIDI has been set to all ins and monitor set to "IN". In auto and off modes I can't hear any sound.

Please let me know how I can play only the selected track at a given time. Thank you so much.

jestermgee

Re: Please Help - Midi Keyboard Playing Multiple Tracks

Post by jestermgee » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:12 am

You need to set the tracks to auto then record arm the track you want to hear. Or you can set ONLY the track you want to hear to IN but it’s easiest to just rev arm the track so then you can record if you need

Gregory Wells-King

Re: Please Help - Midi Keyboard Playing Multiple Tracks

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Indeed this is true.

If your new to Live, can I suggest you take advantage of the help tutorials in built to live, they are worth running through as of course any on YouTube about the basics.

Live also has a great manual that will teach you things quickly and efficiently.

Not that I want to put you off asking questions to the community, but some can be answered quickly in Lives own interface.

As you can see there is a hover help box in the bottom left corner of Ableton’s interface.

All the best.