Bus for resampling?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Matt_Quinn

Bus for resampling?

Post by Matt_Quinn » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:11 pm

I have a track set up in my Live set for resampling, but it's limited to resampling either 1) a single track *or* 2) the 'Resampling' option in track routing which gives you basically the Master output. I'm looking for a way to send a submix of any set of tracks to the Resampling track. At first, I thought I could just set up a return track as a bus - set up a return track, turn off the monitoring, then send the output from the return to the Resampling track. Then I can mix exactly what I want resampled vs just getting everything. But when I tried this, there's a very clear delay between the audio coming back from the Return to the Resampling track, which makes sense, just wondering if there's another way around it.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

chapelier fou

Re: Bus for resampling?

Post by chapelier fou » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:18 pm

I’d think there shouldn’t be any delay...
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:27 pm

Was able to make a quick video....any ideas would be appreciated. I'll probably send it along to support as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCWq8uiYwLw

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:00 am

ShelLuser wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:01 pm
Tried using a group track?
what he said.

nice video.

maybe think more like a mixing desk, send/returns aren't used for this function (more for inserting effects). Group Tracks makes sense, just tried it too.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

pottering

Post by pottering » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:09 am

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209072409
Return tracks are not compensated when routed back to an audio track if the respective Send on the destination track is active

To restore the correct delay compensation for Return tracks routed to Audio tracks, disable the respective sends. You can disable a send by right clicking on the Send knob and choosing "Disable Send". For example, if you route Return Track A to Audio Track 1, right click on Send A on Track 1 and choose "Disable Send" to restore the correct latency compensation.
That's because that's a feedback loop.

Like in your video's case, Send C sending into Return Track C which is feeding back into Track 7, whose Send C is also enabled.

Disable Send C in that case
♥♥♥

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:25 pm

pottering wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:09 am
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209072409
Return tracks are not compensated when routed back to an audio track if the respective Send on the destination track is active

To restore the correct delay compensation for Return tracks routed to Audio tracks, disable the respective sends. You can disable a send by right clicking on the Send knob and choosing "Disable Send". For example, if you route Return Track A to Audio Track 1, right click on Send A on Track 1 and choose "Disable Send" to restore the correct latency compensation.
That's because that's a feedback loop.

Like in your video's case, Send C sending into Return Track C which is feeding back into Track 7, whose Send C is also enabled.

Disable Send C in that case

Yes, thank you! Exactly what I needed. Works perfectly now.

ShelLuser wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:01 pm
Tried using a group track?

Out of curiosity, how would I do this?

Appreciate the help.