Ctrl+Shift+M Not Working

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RedSkyRoad

Re: Ctrl+Shift+M Not Working

Post by RedSkyRoad » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:04 am

flufflepuff wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:33 am
Yoo, I found the problem and solution: This AMD Adrenaline Update (for AMD graphics cards) has some new gaming features which can be activated via shortcut and it shares some of them with ableton. Seems like this AMD stuff hijacks the input and ableton doesn't recognize it anymore.

Disabling all the shortcuts in the AMD software fixed the problem
Thanks!!! I had the same issue after upgrading. Was going mad... All sorted now
AMD Ryzen 3900X 12-Core 4GHz // 16GB RAM // M.2 SSD
Ableton [latest stable release]
Windows 10 Pro

Virando42

Post by Virando42 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:06 am

Hey, I don't know if you still have this issue but this not a problem from Ableton if you're using AMD Radeon program:

It's especially for the latests versions of the program,

Just open it, click on the gear on top-left,

Then look for "Shortcut Keys" (I guess in english it's called this way),

And finally look for "Enable Microphone". You'll see that it is also using CTRL - SHIFT - M, so just change with a random key and you'll be happy ever than ever ! :D

alokin

Post by alokin » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:24 am

flufflepuff wrote:
Yoo, I found the problem and solution: This AMD Adrenaline Update (for AMD graphics cards) has some new gaming features which can be activated via shortcut and it shares some of them with ableton. Seems like this AMD stuff hijacks the input and ableton doesn't recognize it anymore.

wow. thank you so much! Once I got my new AMD and swapped out my old nVidia I started having these issues. Thanks!! :D

Sanction Ten

Post by Sanction Ten » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:25 pm

flufflepuff wrote:

Thank you! You really save me.

Official DJ Lambo

Post by Official DJ Lambo » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:41 am

flufflepuff wrote:

This is exactly what happened in my case also, thanks for the response. For anyone that doesn't know, here's how to remove the hotkeys;
Press Alt+R to access AMDs settings.
Click the "cog" on the top right of the window.
Click on the "Hotkeys" tab.
Scroll down to where the Ctrl+Shift+M is a shortcut (should be for "Toggle Microphone"
Click on that and press Del, to remove the key binding.

Thanks @flufflepuff for the heads up.

matt.stone

Post by matt.stone » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Radeon fix worked for me. Though I didn't have the adrenaline software mentioned above. Here were my steps:

1. press Windows button keyboard, and search for radeon software
2. click the red icon for radeon software to open it
3. go to the "hot keys" tab.
4. clear out the binding for `ctrl+shift+m` by clicking on it and hitting delete

I cleared all the bindings out just to avoid any future issues.

MartinSchr

Post by MartinSchr » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 am

flufflepuff wrote:

Thank you so much, this would have been the last thing i would think about as a root cause... 8O

herrnn

Post by herrnn » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:12 am

flufflepuff wrote:

i have trouble with this for months MONTHS thanks man

Viridius

Post by Viridius » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:26 am

flufflepuff wrote:

Legend! This works for me

KendallMilesLofi

Post by KendallMilesLofi » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:49 pm

[jur] wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:15 pm
flufflepuff wrote:

This worked for me, I just went to the hotkeys tab in the amd raedon software, clicked the hotkey, and pressed delete.

AnthonyDean

Post by AnthonyDean » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:12 pm

I've been searching for a while about this and everything that was suggested wasn't working, which seemed strange that it hadn't been fixed if it happened to be broken, but I knew it had to be something, so with computers having multiple programs, those programs also have shortcut keys, one in particular on my PC is my AMD Radeon Software, and inside that are also some shortcut keys, searching down the list of commands it offers and hoping to find a CTRL SHIFT M, there it was, in my AMD software, to toggle the Mic, which I wasn't using anyways, so clicking it to then allow me to delete the shortcut, back into my Ableton I go, boom, my problem has been solved, sweet. I hope this helps others. I did just see another post just under this reply saying the same thing, but I had already typed a lot so I thought i'd still post it :D

xlrashn35

Post by xlrashn35 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:49 pm

thank you for this... was pulling my hair out !!

DANI3L_Official

Post by DANI3L_Official » Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:03 pm

flufflepuff wrote:

Wow, I searched so much for this, Thank you!
It did solve the problem but sometimes it still comes back :(