Live 10 Audio Disabled Issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FrankCo15

Live 10 Audio Disabled Issue

Post by FrankCo15 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:38 pm

Ever since updating to Live 10, I have had an issue where the audio is disabled upon launching the program. Then even after going to preferences and toggling my audio input and audio output devices, audio will work for a little while but then will randomly shut off.

I have two audio input/output devices - my MacBook Air speakers & microphone, and iShowU audio capture (iShowU is screen recording software).

Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

TLW

Re: Live 10 Audio Disabled Issue

Post by TLW » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:41 pm

I doubt it’s anything to do with power settings - Macs don’t turn off USB devices like Windows does other than drives.

You might try connecting everything up and launching the software then go into the Mac’s Audio/MIDI setup application and see if the audio window will let you combine the interface and software into a single composite audio device you can then point everything else at.

When Live’s opened it will pick the first audio interface the Operating System tells it is there. Which often will be the built-in Mac one if nothing else is connected.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.