Abelton bug?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
grimacelovesmusic

Abelton bug?

Post by grimacelovesmusic » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:11 am

Hello all, I'm at my wits end here and hoping someone has either had this issue or they can point me in the right direction. Did a google search but nothing comes up, although as always I could not be using optimum key words.

Basically, I get to a point where I start playing audio that I am looping, the bars show green like it's playing, and I don't get any sound. When I stop the music via space bar, I'll hear a quick snipet at the end. Then, I try moving the loop around, starting and stopping at different points and sometimes I can get it back on. If I duplicate one of the audio tracks, sometimes it will start again, but often I have to close out and restart abelton. I'm working on a track right now where I have had this problem very quickly and it's becoming pointless to work on because I am starting and restarting just a few minutes later.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance, driving me crazy here..

grimacelovesmusic

Re: Abelton bug?

Post by grimacelovesmusic » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:07 pm

In case anyone else out there googles this, I figured out a work around. For some reason having my vocals in a group and routing the group to the master wasn't working correctly so I just routed each track within the group to the master and it works now. Good thing I was at my wits end! It's totally possible there is something I am missing here but so far so good!