Control shift M- for new midi clip not working

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tintala

Control shift M- for new midi clip not working

Post by tintala » Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:44 am

Ive been using this shortcut for years and years, have Live 10 and have been using this in Live 10 , however, I dont see any way to disable this shortcut, so as I type I know my keyboard is working, the shortcut isn't. To create a new midi clip control>shift M. should give me a new midi clip where Ive highlighted it in my track. right? this has stopped working.

Another issue I have is the automation arrow on the transport bar, where you can reset automation or enable it, is locked on RED. wont unlock. Hows this disabled too?

SOLVED: ClOSING LIVE SEEMS TO HAVE SOLVED BOTH ISSUES.

jonljacobi

Re: Control shift M- for new midi clip not working

Post by jonljacobi » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:11 pm

This is the second thread reporting that and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it on one occasion so it’s probably a bug. If you see it again, report it.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:16 pm

Yeah my initial thought about this was it must just be user error (not selecting a range to insert a clip into or trying to insert a clip into an audio track) but certainly could be a new bug.

dan_after

Post by dan_after » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:14 pm

Has anyone been able to figure this out? this is a huge pain in the ass and also wasting time. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! thanks a ton!

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:26 pm

dan_after wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:14 pm
Has anyone been able to figure this out? this is a huge pain in the ass and also wasting time. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! thanks a ton!
Yep, it's about some Windows system pref. Something regarding gaming? I can't remember, but if you use the search you should find the topic easily, it was discussed ~2 months ago.
Ableton Forum Moderator

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:19 pm

I’f you use an AMD video card the control panel has some key combo for a feature that is the same. You need to find and change that since you cannot change keys in live.

Tellme

Post by Tellme » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:13 pm

Yes, it is the AMD Shortcut, thats disabling the function in Ableton. You can easily change it in the AMD Software.