Ctrl + Shift + M no longer functioning.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JP Lafreniere

Ctrl + Shift + M no longer functioning.

Post by JP Lafreniere » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:54 pm

Hey all.

The Ctrl + Shift + M shortcut stopped working when I got back into Ableton about a week ago (1/12/20?). I hadn't really done anything with Ableton for a couple weeks before that, so the bug could have started any time from late December until then. My issue is exactly as I describe it, I used to be able to highlight select an area within a midi clip while in the Arrangement view, and use this hotkey to create a midi clip. I have tried clicking on the leftmost bound of my desired selection and Shift + Arrow Keys to select it instead. It is not an issue with my selection, I am positive I am in the arrangement view, I am positive it is a midi clip, I am positive my keyboard works (tried 3 different keyboards). Creating midi clips with this shortcut is obviously a major part of my workflow, and the extra 2 clicks every time I want to make a midi clip definitely add up. If anybody can point me in a direction it would be greatly appreciated. The fact that you can't even change these hotkeys (that I know of) bugs me and doesn't even allow me to try an alternate hotkey.

EDIT: I updated from 10.1.6 to 10.1.7 and I can confirm it did NOT fix the issue.
EDIT: I was originally using a template, however I cleared it and tried with the default Ableton template. No difference.

Specs:
Intel i9-9900k CPU
32 GB RAM
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
Ableton Live 10 Standard Build 10.1.7
(Education Edition if that makes any difference (I don't think it does))

Please let me know if any other information is required.

jonljacobi

Re: Ctrl + Shift + M no longer functioning.

Post by jonljacobi » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:48 am

You’re not alone.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:46 am

I think I read something similar not so long ago.
Did you got in touch with support@ableton.com?
Ableton Forum Moderator

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:32 pm

JP Lafreniere wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:54 pm
Hey all.

The Ctrl + Shift + M shortcut stopped working when I got back into Ableton about a week ago (1/12/20?). I hadn't really done anything with Ableton for a couple weeks before that, so the bug could have started any time from late December until then. My issue is exactly as I describe it, I used to be able to highlight select an area within a midi clip while in the Arrangement view, and use this hotkey to create a midi clip. I have tried clicking on the leftmost bound of my desired selection and Shift + Arrow Keys to select it instead. It is not an issue with my selection, I am positive I am in the arrangement view, I am positive it is a midi clip, I am positive my keyboard works (tried 3 different keyboards). Creating midi clips with this shortcut is obviously a major part of my workflow, and the extra 2 clicks every time I want to make a midi clip definitely add up. If anybody can point me in a direction it would be greatly appreciated. The fact that you can't even change these hotkeys (that I know of) bugs me and doesn't even allow me to try an alternate hotkey.

EDIT: I updated from 10.1.6 to 10.1.7 and I can confirm it did NOT fix the issue.
EDIT: I was originally using a template, however I cleared it and tried with the default Ableton template. No difference.

Specs:
Intel i9-9900k CPU
32 GB RAM
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mk.2
Ableton Live 10 Standard Build 10.1.7
(Education Edition if that makes any difference (I don't think it does))

Please let me know if any other information is required.

I have a problem with left ctrl + shift +u not working for quantize settings.

The right one works fine though.

It's weird though as all three keys "work" for separate functions, or with just two key combinations using those keys but something about those three keys.

I narrowed it down though to the keyboard itself as the built-in laptop keyboard works fine and putting the keyboard on a different PC reproduces the same issue.

Keyboard doesn't have any drivers (just the default ones Windows gives it)

Virando42

Post by Virando42 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:07 am

Hey, I don't know if you still have this issue but this not a problem from Ableton if you're using AMD Radeon program:

It's especially for the latests versions of the program,

Just open it, click on the gear on top-left,

Then look for "Shortcut Keys" (I guess in english it's called this way),

And finally look for "Enable Microphone". You'll see that it is also using CTRL - SHIFT - M, so just change with a random key and you'll be happy ever than ever ! :D

Shadowsin

Post by Shadowsin » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:44 pm

Virando42 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:07 am
Hey, I don't know if you still have this issue but this not a problem from Ableton if you're using AMD Radeon program:

It's especially for the latests versions of the program,

Just open it, click on the gear on top-left,

Then look for "Shortcut Keys" (I guess in english it's called this way),

And finally look for "Enable Microphone". You'll see that it is also using CTRL - SHIFT - M, so just change with a random key and you'll be happy ever than ever ! :D
Genius! I disabled all that crap in there with the slider and all fixed! Thank you