Toggle Track Heights?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
filtersweep

Toggle Track Heights?

Post by filtersweep » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:12 am

Does anyone know if you can toggle track heights?
For some reason, this aspect of the interface is really niggly.
I'd like to just resize track heights by a single click or such-like. Instead of having to drag the heights which gets a little annoying when you start to accumulate larger number of tracks in a project...

jonljacobi

Re: Toggle Track Heights?

Post by jonljacobi » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:51 pm

No, but you can select all or groups and change en masse. You can also make them all the same size en masse by dragging them closed, then open again (or some such).

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:52 pm

Yes you can, press H to fit the tracks height to screen.
U to expand/collapse the selected track(s).
Ableton Forum Moderator

filtersweep

Post by filtersweep » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:32 am

This isn't quite what I had in mind. What I was looking for was a single click to maximize the target track alone.
I find that adjusting track heights in the arrangement view is a total pain, especially as the track number increases in a project. I know about the global change using H and W. And holding down
I think there is no such function for what I want to do. the only quick method is to right-click on the track header, select all content then hit the z key to zoom...
Will have to do for now I guess : )

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:11 pm

I think Live is basically optimized for live performance with low track counts. Lots of things make more sense when viewed in that light. Once you're facile with the methods, you tend to forget about it and appreciate the KISS philosophy. Not always, mind you... ;-)