new punch in/ punch out feature in 2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
iMapnes

new punch in/ punch out feature in 2

Post by iMapnes » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:21 pm

Hi,
I was just going through my Live2 and getting reaquianted with the controls and found a new set of gadgets not previously there. I'm talking about the punch in/ punch out buttons on the control menu. Now I understand punch in punch out in traditional sequencer programming but how exactly are we supposed to use the one one live? By the way, its located in the session view and not the arranger. How to use??? hmmm.... :?

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:16 am

It's all right there in the manual mate! I'm sure you can envisage other uses too :wink:
nik

iMapnes

Post by iMapnes » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:21 am

Hmmm.thanks nik. Although I couldn't find it. BTW I have the manual that came with version1.5 but i'll look again anyway. After all it aint exactly the best manual ever written (you know what I mean) so i'll go back page by page...heh.

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:11 am

Sorry mate, wasn't trying to be smart, I meant the html manual that comes with 2 in the docs folder:
A tour of Live>Recording Audio>Using punch points and the loop
nik

Stefan Franke

Post by Stefan Franke » Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:55 pm

Punching is used to let recording start and stop at predefined points, given by the start and end of the arranger loop brace. Typically you want to replace certain parts of a recording.

* If the punch-in button is enabled, audio clips and automation data prior to the punch-in point remain unchanged by any recording.

* If the punch-out button is enabled, audio clips and automation data behind the punch-out point remain unchanged by any recording.

HTH,
Stefan