Reversing Komplete Kontrol

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

Reversing Komplete Kontrol

Post by aklisiewicz » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:35 am

Installed latest Komplete Kontrol (v2.3) and the whole IDE got f....d up!
The File panes shows garbage, the plugin panel shows sliced and messed up, total disaster.!

Posted some message on NI forum but no results so far. NI Support is the worst on the planet - it simply sucks!

Native Access is total piece of crap, no options for anything but install, so it is useless....
I can remove KK from NA but not sure how to install the version which is not the latest

Any ideas how to revert to the previous KK version ?
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

Mark Williams

Re: Reversing Komplete Kontrol

Post by Mark Williams » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:21 am

Yet again, you fail to post system details/OS etc here and you did the same on the NI forums, yet you expect/demand people to help.... Not gonna happen.

Yes someone did answer you within 10 minutes of your post, which you ignored.

Latest KK update (v2/3) messed up several of my plugins. also there is an IDE issue and the KK panels (in the File section are messed up). Total disaster.

How can I install previous version ?
SADARAHU, Today at 00:42

What Plugins are messed up? There is no IDE it is a GUI...post screenshots of what you are having issues with...Maybe someone with a similar issue can assist. Also post what OS and Computer specs as this can be important info.

I myself and not having any issues, so maybe its not as bad as you think!

Peace,

Blindeddie
Blindeddie, Today at 00:50
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:37 pm

yes you are right I should have post system info, so here it is:
Win10, Komplete Kontrol 2.3 plugin and Live10.1.7
PC is super efficient and fast (64Gig RAM)
On top of that Latest KOMPLETE12 suite (including Kontakt6)

-Memory errors (while having plenty of memory)
- FILES panel messed up (unable to see some folders and files
- instrument panel messed up unable to see parts of the screen)
- many plugins are simply not working at all. I got tracks with REALITONE-Blue. When I open it I'm not able to move the dials, on some settings have no sound at all etc. Total mess.
I tried to remove and reinstall KK but no luck. Something got messed up in the interface - I think.
I have not made any changes to my setup except running NI updates through their Native Access prorgam.

https://ibb.co/ns4FYGj
https://ibb.co/Vxf20gq
https://ibb.co/5rbBnJv
https://ibb.co/5TR1Tjf
https://ibb.co/Qvpy9jN
Sadarahu

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:11 pm

That is not a spec, that is how kids describe their car. Do you run an I7 (model), AMD (model), what is your graphics card....

There are reasons you are not getting good replies, lack of details is just one reason.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:55 pm

jestermgee wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:11 pm
That is not a spec, that is how kids describe their car. Do you run an I7 (model), AMD (model), what is your graphics card....

There are reasons you are not getting good replies, lack of details is just one reason.
This OP is same guy posting in NI forums (SADARAHU,) throwing hissy fits
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:23 pm

I asked for help to revert KK to the previous version, and some of you asking me about PC spec, which has nothing to do with this. I do IT for 35 years and do programing as well (not related to the music or audio) but I'm quite aware of many things.
I do music for community not for profit. I'm fully aware that in some cases the detailed specs are important but not in all cases. If you do not know the answer to my question then I say thank you for you help (you can ignore the rest). No need for your judgements.

Yes, I am upset with NI because I have important project to finish and I cannot do anything at the moment, so the frustration is really high.

I stated my problem is not a video card (simply because when I open stand alone KK the problem does not exist).
I used this same PC for about 2+ years and have had no issues until the last KK update. My Win10 updates are set to manual (altpough this is one part I'm not sure about if I have run any in a recent 2-3 weeks). I'm 100% confident this is not a hardware issue so I will not even waste time for this. If anybody has any software tips etc, I would be very thankful.

I looked up the files and folders for KK. If I'm not mistaken it seems there is no DLL just and EXE file which is run upon addking KK into Ableton track. There is a single line in the INI file for setup which simmply runs an EXE with one parameter. I'm not sure how Kontakt is embeded in KK but this seems rather to be an KK problem not a Kontakt. The wired thing is that when I run KK as standalone everything looks OK, but not in LIVE.
I wonder if there is any setting in LIVE pertraining to how KK opens up (any parameters etc.) (?)
Sadarahu

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:49 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:23 pm
I asked for help to revert KK to the previous version, and some of you asking me about PC spec, which has nothing to do with this. I do IT for 35 years and do programing as well (not related to the music or audio) but I'm quite aware of many things.
I do music for community not for profit. I'm fully aware that in some cases the detailed specs are important but not in all cases. If you do not know the answer to my question then I say thank you for you help (you can ignore the rest). No need for your judgements.

Yes, I am upset with NI because I have important project to finish and I cannot do anything at the moment, so the frustration is really high.

I stated my problem is not a video card (simply because when I open stand alone KK the problem does not exist).
I used this same PC for about 2+ years and have had no issues until the last KK update. My Win10 updates are set to manual (altpough this is one part I'm not sure about if I have run any in a recent 2-3 weeks). I'm 100% confident this is not a hardware issue so I will not even waste time for this. If anybody has any software tips etc, I would be very thankful.

I looked up the files and folders for KK. If I'm not mistaken it seems there is no DLL just and EXE file which is run upon addking KK into Ableton track. There is a single line in the INI file for setup which simmply runs an EXE with one parameter. I'm not sure how Kontakt is embeded in KK but this seems rather to be an KK problem not a Kontakt. The wired thing is that when I run KK as standalone everything looks OK, but not in LIVE.
I wonder if there is any setting in LIVE pertraining to how KK opens up (any parameters etc.) (?)
Complete load of tosh, a supposed IT for 35 years would know when dealing with tech issues the very minimum info would be simple machine specs, as for programming, I doubt that too, as you don't seem to even handle a simple spell check.

With your crappy attitude both here and on NI forums, your on your own.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:03 am

There are full reasons WHY we want system specs, especially when you have obvious graphical issues (that no one else appears to have), knowing the GPU at a MINIMUM would be an advantage and as echoed above, someone with 35 years experience should recognise this. If for no other reason, someone with similar specs/models that you list can assure you that the specs are not an issue so you can start to look elsewhere.

From my experience you seem to have a lot of issues with both Live and Komplete Kontrol and ahve become frustrated and flown off the handle at both companies where you need to learn to keep a level head and keep your feelings out of the post if you want help. Not sure how many other ways there is to explain this, someone of your apparent age should already understand this.

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:08 am

removed PREFERENCES.CFG and TEMPLATE.ALS to clear everything off the way but still no luck
https://i.ibb.co/m8wgdTk/KK-issues-003.png

After doing more testing is seems like it is Windows Sizing issue. I have had those problems with other Apps in the past. Once they were setup properly in PREFERENCES they work OK. Most of those Apps are however standalone EXE so they are simply called by Windows mechanism, whereas KK is run from LIVE. I do not recall doing anything for KK (any adjustments in preferences) in order to work as expected. When the KK widnow is open and I R-click and the menu pops-up, suddenly the plugin and the whole window looks right. Then when I close popup menu it goes back to garbage.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960/2Gb RAM
2 x 4K monitos 1xHD monitor
-------------------------------------------------
Last edited by aklisiewicz on Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sadarahu

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:12 am

aklisiewicz wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:08 am
removed PREFERENCES.CFG and TEMPLATE.ALS to clear everything off the way but still no luck
https://i.ibb.co/m8wgdTk/KK-issues-003.png
What would that do????
aklisiewicz wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:23 pm
Incorrect, Live cannot load an EXE file it is a DAW and uses plugins. You would be loading a VST2 plugin on a Windows system which is a DLL installed to the location you have set your Native Access to install DLL files to. There is also a difference in how a standalone executable manages resources to draw a GUI and how the VST will manage resources within a DAW.

Would really help to know what GPU you have, irrespective of how you feel it is applicable or not.

I'd also suggest you look at the version of the VST loaded within Live compared to what the standalone version of Komplete says and see if that at least matches.

I have no such issues myself running on windows 10, nor have I seen any similar reports of this so again, loooks like an isolated system issue to me.

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:28 am

"jestermgee " - thanks for clarifying DLLs, OK I wil lcheck for that. I remember I had to do something with those files to apprear in Live correctly but this was long time ago so do not remember all of it. Sure that could be the culprit but I still think something got messed up in KK.
I was able to locate the DLL but unfortuneately there are no settings in Windows (do DLLs) like they are for EXEs. so DPI changes will not apply.

As far as versions, the stand alone and DLL both run v2.3
One thing I'm 100% sure now is that my issue has something to do with sizing the wqindow. For example when I move move vertical scroll bar (in Files) there is a part of the screen (panel) that does not move. I've seen this happening on ther programs when they were not set to extended DIP settings in Windows (those were however all executable so I could go and change settings). It is possible that NI has used some new libraries etc to compile this version and that is the result. When I initially run KK EXE it showed up so tiny small that it was useless for me). I changed settings in Preferences and now it appears OK, though I cannot do it for KK DLL (or at least I do not see the settings for this simply because MS assumed that calling App would send appropriate parameters).

I still cannot get the first question answered which is - how to get the KK reverted to the previous version. I can remove it but in NA there is no option to point to the specific file for installation. I'm assuming perhaps this could be done somehow manually...
then the 2nd question is where to download older KK ? This is so obvious for most of the software. When the new version has issues the one grabs the older one and reinstalls. NI does not make it easy to deal...
Sadarahu

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:38 am

You're probably not going to get much help here for NI products, this is after all the Ableton forums. Maybe try a reddit sub if you are not getting the support you need from NI directly, not sure posting here is the most efficient way to resolve your problem.
Ableton Forum Administrator

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:10 am

Hi

I'm running Komplete Kontrol 2.3 with no issues, I'm also doubtful it's a direct software issues considering the history of these major developers like NI and Ableton I feel you need to always consider it's about how your system is set up, which is always down to individual needs, there could be something on your system that's different to the mainstream that causes an install of something like Komplete Kontrol to conflict or object, lets face facts budd.

I always find it funny how people fire across the bow of developers knowing how much the value your business and how much the industry is reliant on stable software.

I would offer looking at the Library tab in settings and uncheck and rescan as appropriate some library's and plugins as you see fit, you may have an isolated issue with one or more library's or plugins.

Orphaned files...Conflicting descriptions....etc.?

TLW

Post by TLW » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:59 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:28 am
One thing I'm 100% sure now is that my issue has something to do with sizing the wqindow. For example when I move move vertical scroll bar (in Files) there is a part of the screen (panel) that does not move. I've seen this happening on ther programs when they were not set to extended DIP settings in Windows (those were however all executable so I could go and change settings).
You seem to have a lot of graphics related problems which no-one else reports.

Have you tried resetting Windows graphic settings to the default, uninstalling your graphics card driver and related software then reinstalling it, leaving everything set to the default and seeing what happens? The cause of your problems might be how you’ve changed the various graphics settings and I would think ruling out that possibility would be an obvious early step to take.

As would trying a different graphics card or, if your cpu has it, the integrated graphics to check there isn’t a hardware problem with the graphics card.
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:23 pm

Thank you for your suggestions, but,...

I have used my graphic settings for well over a year. There was no issues, although it is true that my setup is a bit unique simply because i use 3 monitors and they are not exactly the same plus 2 of them are 4K and one is not. This problem has nothing to do with the hardware - that I know for sure so goin in that direction is a waste of time. If you not using 4K monitors then you would not even know what I'm talking about. Lots of software is not yet upgraded to work with 4K so the only way is to use WIN10 workaround by chaging DPI settings. This worked for me fine for almost 2 years , until last 2 weeks when I applied KK update.

As I stated I'm not interested anymore in researching this part. I only want to know how can I install previous KONTROL KOMPLETE version.
Sadarahu