Ozone 9 Standalone Crashes a lot

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spanktron

Ozone 9 Standalone Crashes a lot

Post by spanktron » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:57 am

i NEED-WISH for your opinions-experiences in order to know if this is only happening to me.
( i know the times are difficult and there are bigger problems and i wish everyone a healthy time. Since i am trapped home though i have a lot of time as we all do probably and this made me face this problem again and it adds stress to the already difficult times)

So here some scenarios:

I have very frequent crashes when using 3rd party Plugins in Ozone in Standalone Mode.

Also when i export a track at a different samplerate than it originaly was when i imported it and reimport it Ozone will crash sometimes-manytimes
2) When it crashes , it loses the last steps+ settings of the Project i worked onand it will not show in "Recent Opened" . I will have to manually search for the Project and re-open it.
3) It is not a specific of the 3rd party plugins that causes it. It can happen anytime and does not look CPU Load relative.
4) They are plugins of the sort of: Gullfoss, Soothe 2, Limitless, Fabfilter etc. Not freebies or anything similar.
5) I cannot for the Love of God finish a project without renouncing God with the way i speak when it happens...
6) i end up using Ozn 8 Adv which runs more stable.
7) Since Ozone 9 came out i have worked on it with two different Laptops and 2 Different OS. I tried my Setup, Complete reinstall from scratch, Everything. The only reliable behaviour i had the experience with Ozone 9 Adv is that it will crash sooner or later. Mostly sooner...
I am sure it is not the fault of my Hardware since NO OTHER programm has something similar as in Problems-Crashes etc. Ableton can run with 50 plugins with 0 problems.

Macbook Pro 15inch 2014, 16gb, 1tb, 2,5ghz i7, Mojave

Is anybody else experienceing something similar?
Last edited by spanktron on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

jestermgee

Re: Ozone 9 Standalone Crashes a lot

Post by jestermgee » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:40 am

Computer specs?

So the issue is just with Ozone 9 and nothing else? Have you contactes Izotope with the issue?

spanktron

Post by spanktron » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:04 am

jestermgee wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:40 am
Computer specs?

So the issue is just with Ozone 9 and nothing else? Have you contactes Izotope with the issue?
Sorry just added the specs to my post.

Yes Ozone is literally the only Programm that crashes on my system. It`s beyond a casual crash.
I contacted Izotope many many many times. Literally dozens and more emails have been exchanged. So many and for so long that i gave up.

I had similar issues with Ozone 8 (we are talking always in Standalone mode) but back then they never ever admitted that it has to do with Ozone. Version 8 i used with 3 Different Laptops and 2 or 3 (cant remember exactly) different OS versions over the course of about 2-3 years.
At the beginning of my crashes with version 9 however at the beginning they answered "check this and that" with a little bit of "hidden" tone of "its basically your fault" like always but after a while and while i presented them with facts, arguments, crash reports (the apple ones), screeshots and screenrecordings and also the opinion of 1-2 Software developers i send the Reports to in order to see if they can make something out of it, they all came to the conclusion that it actually was Ozone that caused it.
So now they were " We are aware of the Bug, please install this update! i believe it was 9.0.1 and still it crashed.
Then they said install the update 9.0.2 (which is the latest one) and still it crashes a lot.

But i am not asking for trouble shoot here. I am looking for people with similar problems and i have found some till now, still would like to see if someone solved this.
Someone who has not experienced this cant help me i believe as it all sounds "too strange" but it is what it is.

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:25 pm

:roll:
spanktron wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:57 am
i NEED-WISH for your opinions-experiences in order to know if this is only happening to me.
( i know the times are difficult and there are bigger problems and i wish everyone a healthy time. Since i am trapped home though i have a lot of time as we all do probably and this made me face this problem again and it adds stress to the already difficult times)

So here some scenarios:

I have very frequent crashes when using 3rd party Plugins in Ozone in Standalone Mode.

Also when i export a track at a different samplerate than it originaly was when i imported it and reimport it Ozone will crash sometimes-manytimes
2) When it crashes , it loses the last steps+ settings of the Project i worked onand it will not show in "Recent Opened" . I will have to manually search for the Project and re-open it.
3) It is not a specific of the 3rd party plugins that causes it. It can happen anytime and does not look CPU Load relative.
4) They are plugins of the sort of: Gullfoss, Soothe 2, Limitless, Fabfilter etc. Not freebies or anything similar.
5) I cannot for the Love of God finish a project without renouncing God with the way i speak when it happens...
6) i end up using Ozn 8 Adv which runs more stable.
7) Since Ozone 9 came out i have worked on it with two different Laptops and 2 Different OS. I tried my Setup, Complete reinstall from scratch, Everything. The only reliable behaviour i had the experience with Ozone 9 Adv is that it will crash sooner or later. Mostly sooner...
I am sure it is not the fault of my Hardware since NO OTHER programm has something similar as in Problems-Crashes etc. Ableton can run with 50 plugins with 0 problems.

Is anybody else experienceing something similar?
I've never used Ozone in standalone mode, but it usually is pretty stable if ran as a VST especially if you are using for mastering and not mixing purposes (ie not using it in large busy projects)..

I've even used it for mixing in some cases as a VST and while it can be a big CPU drain, I never recalled it crashing my system.

But yeah standalone could possibly be buggy as I never tried it.

spanktron

Post by spanktron » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:38 pm

[/quote]

I've never used Ozone in standalone mode, but it usually is pretty stable if ran as a VST especially if you are using for mastering and not mixing purposes (ie not using it in large busy projects)..

I've even used it for mixing in some cases as a VST and while it can be a big CPU drain, I never recalled it crashing my system.

But yeah standalone could possibly be buggy as I never tried it.
[/quote]

I have no problems if i open it inside Ableton. The problem is that then i lose all advantages that standalone mode has.

In other words if i use it as a Vst i see no reason to open an Ozone 9 instance but rather will use its individual modules .

The problems occur in Standalone mode

Still thanks for chimming in

roshch

Post by roshch » Fri May 22, 2020 12:25 pm

Hi!
I have the same problem with crashing Ableton, still didn't find any solution

spanktron

Post by spanktron » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:18 am

roshch wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:25 pm
Hi!
I have the same problem with crashing Ableton, still didn't find any solution
There is no solution.
At least now they admit in a nutshell that 3rd party plugins are "your own responsibility and can cause issues" .

Amazing solution.
Well i can`t say i am upgrading to Ozn10 when it come out unless they change that. No 3rd party support is a bit too
much backwards engineering for my taste.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:52 pm

Cant help much as Im on PC, but Ozone runs fine on Windows 10 either as VST or standalone. Maybe get in touch with Izotope support as you say it crashes in standalone too.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

Gregory Wells-King

Post by Gregory Wells-King » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:25 am

Hi There,

This has been a problem for me this month and it's been bundled in with other issues to make it really confusing, including and not limited to a dodgy power supply on my pc.

I assume your application is just shutting down, and not actually crashing your PC correct?

Believe it or not I stumbled across the fact that Ozone has it's own audio device setting in standalone, the top menu bar has File, Edit, Window, Help.
under Window you will find Audio Device, mine has been set differently to my audio device 'Arturia Audio Fuse' in my case. Of course this is pretty poor and I'm surprised it's happened. This in itself is maybe an issue because when I set up my meters for 'Integrated LUFS' it won't remember the settings on re opening the application/

I'm going to keep testing and working through the problem and post any other solutions here.