Clip Start Time Issues With Collect All & Save

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
patrick.olson86

Clip Start Time Issues With Collect All & Save

Post by patrick.olson86 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Hi! Using Live 9 most up to date version here. I'm running into an issue. Basically I have a 2:30 clip of sound effects that I've scrubbed through and adjusted the clip start and end time. So, essentially, I have one track that has little chops of this long fx sample, some chops are people gulping water, some burps, some can opening sound effects, etc.. I got everything where I wanted it to be on my desktop computer last night, I did collect all and save, moved it to my laptop today and what happened is where I'm having the issue. So, after doing this, all my sample chops reverted back to the start of the 2:30 fx sample clip. This is a sound effect of ice clinking around a glass, this is NOT what I wanted. I had everything chopped, as mentioned before, to different fx in this long sample.

A quick fix would be that Ableton would allow me to kind of click and drag across the whole sample of 2:30 to find that one sweet spot of the sample I had last night. I'm not sure of a way to do this. I'm not sure what I did wrong, as I have ANOTHER sample on a separate track where I cut it in multiple places, did not crop it, and the start and end points stayed to what I had set them. Am I missing something here or is this just a goof on Live's end?

I think at this point I'm just going to go back to my desktop at home and finish editing because the fix would be too big and I spent hours last night on this, but I want to know what I did wrong here to avoid this in the future. Should I have cropped all of my sample chops? I feel this can't be right because my other sample worked fine. Any help is greatly appreciated!