Some VST UIs appear blank/white

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Agentf64

Re: Some VST UIs appear blank/white

Post by Agentf64 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:45 pm

Interesting thing. I have two monitors. If Ableton, or any other program (I also user Reaper and VCV Rack) is loaded on my second monitor certain plugins will always crash the program (Arturia FX, Voltage Modular, Ableton's built in Max LFO). But if I load the same plugins while Ableton is running on my main monitor I have no issues.

glxfy

Post by glxfy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:31 pm

it happens the same to me in Live 11. I updated my graphics card drivers, i ran the scan in the command prompt but nothing seems to solve this. Has someone found a solution? This is so frustrating :(

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:13 pm

glxfy wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:31 pm
it happens the same to me in Live 11. I updated my graphics card drivers, i ran the scan in the command prompt but nothing seems to solve this. Has someone found a solution? This is so frustrating :(
OS?
What VSTs?

boskee

Post by boskee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:54 am

It happens to me as well on Live 11 Standard (64 bit) running on Windows 10 Pro with 4 displays in case that's useful. Plugin (in this case Arturia's 64 bit
VST3 Analog Lab V) works fine when working on existing tracks, but adding it to new tracks sometimes (I'd say 60/40 chance of it happening, but definitely not always) results in the VST loading up in a blank (white) window. Previously working instances on other tracks will then become blank/white as well. The only solution seems to be closing and restarting Live (although I haven't tried removing plugin and undoing it as suggested earlier in this thread).

This bug doesn't seem to occur when duplicating existing tracks that are already using the VST3, only when dropping new instance on a track/instrument rack.

ANDY H4ZE

Post by ANDY H4ZE » Sat May 01, 2021 1:57 am

I'm having the same issue here too. Most notably happens with Cableguys ShaperBox 2 in my projects when I open them for the first time.

I did try the "delete plugin and ctrl + z" and that seemed to work pretty well. (Doesn't always work)

What's interesting is that it only happens when I open a working project with tons of tracks and lanes but not when I open a blank/default template.

Live 11 Suite
Win 10 Pro
Ryzen 7 5800X
128GB RAM
Radeon RX 5700 XT

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Mon May 03, 2021 4:39 pm

I also have this problem with the old camel audio alchemy (so no chance for an update from author :).
works fine in live 10, on live 11 I only get a black window. still plays fine when in an old project loaded. Interestingly if I click in the window where the preset browser should be, it can change presets, I just can’t see it.

this was one of my more used instruments so may push me back to 10, not sure yet (plenty of new vsts, I am just used to it)...

Forgot to mention: this is on Mac, Catalina.

Nikita Mikhaylov

Post by Nikita Mikhaylov » Tue May 04, 2021 8:38 am

I got exactly the same problem, camelphat camelspace, now black interface. And i shure, that its works fine, a couple month ago! Whats happening with that?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue May 04, 2021 10:34 am

Please make sure to report: support@ableton.com
Ableton Forum Moderator

Nikita Mikhaylov

Post by Nikita Mikhaylov » Wed May 05, 2021 12:47 pm

I just try previous build (10.1.30) and its work fine, now all black/gray plugins are visible, so its bug of last build.

Unit1248

Post by Unit1248 » Thu May 06, 2021 10:22 am

jbone1313 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:14 am
I have recently noticed some VSTs are showing up with a blank/white UI. In this case, the controls and UI are invisible and unusable.

It seems like VSTs that use OpenGL have this issue.

The issue happens after reloading a saved set with the offending VST.

Specific repro steps:
1. Create a new set
2. Load a plugin using OpenGL, like, e.g., Soothe2.
3. Save the set
4. Reload the set
5. Open the VST

Expected results: VST opens properly; controls are usable
Actual results: VST windows opens with a blank/white screen

I have tried: Rebooting, updating Live, updating VSTs, updating graphics card drivers, both integrated and non-integrated graphics, and more. None helps.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
So I also have this same issue with some plugins being unresponsive, and blank. In my instances it was because I had too many plugins open and I assume my graphics card was struggling to load new windows.I am using an nvidia gtx 1060, so I don't think its my graphics card at fault, but maybe it isn't designed for extensive audio/video usage. I hope Ableton improves this aspect.

ivan97arg

Post by ivan97arg » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:35 am

I have the same black screen, with Live 11 when using Vital.

Nils Jeck

Post by Nils Jeck » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:25 pm

I had this problem too. My Laptop has two Display Adapters/Graphic cards (Intel HD Graphics 3000 and a NVIDIA NVS 4200M).

I solved the problem by disabling the NVIDIA graphics card when I use Ableton...its not a nice fix but it works fine for me...

Sushea

Post by Sushea » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:33 am

Yep, I get this with several plugins as well, seems to be a common bug. It double sucks, because anytime I have a plugin with the blank white UI, if I try to close out the plugin window, it crashes Ableton - every single time

Zero B

Post by Zero B » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:08 pm

Having the same issue with Shaperbox. I return to an arrangement at a later date, blank screeen for the plugin. So frustrating.

Anyone found a solution?

Sotornien

Post by Sotornien » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:30 pm

Got this Issue with Hybrid 3 from air music on Windows 10 and Lite 11
ANDY H4ZE wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:57 am
What's interesting is that it only happens when I open a working project with tons of tracks and lanes but not when I open a blank/default template.
That worked in my case as a workarround. First start Ableton, then load the Project