STUTTER EDIT

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
livemaster

STUTTER EDIT

Post by livemaster » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:09 am

HI Guys
This is the msg I sent to Iszotope support and that I take the liberty of sending to you too here at the ableton forum in case someone can help me .Thanks

I bought recently the Creative suite in which Stutter Edit is included.Great product my congratulations.
Only thing is that I can't control the Global filter with the Pitch Bend of my Arturia keystep. The pitch bend control works when I use for example your Iris synth as works the modulation control.So the controller seems to be ok.And when I go to the options where I can change the controllers when I press the Learn button it stays on Waiting and doesn,t react at all.The same for the overwrite tempo command it doesnt react at all and this way I cant use one of the best things of SE ie being able to use a gesture beyond the 2 measures of the gesture lenght.Am I doing something wrong .CAN you help me there?
Thanks
Carlos Vieira

Pitch Black

Re: STUTTER EDIT

Post by Pitch Black » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:39 am

Hi I've had a simillar issue - not sure if its the exact same problem as yours, but below is my help request to Izotope, and their reply.
There does seem to be some MIDI funky-ness around this feature.

hope this is some help

I’m trying to get Stutter Edit to use a different MIDI CC to control the global filter.

I have changed from the default Pitch Bend message to CC#43 to control the global filter, and this works great, but this MIDI assignment is not saved when I re-open my saved Ableton project, it returns to the default Pitch Bend assignment.
I have tested this in Logic Pro X and the custom MIDI assignment doesn’t persist when saving a project in Logic either.

Is there any way of getting the CC assigned to the global filter to persist when saving a project?

Hello,

Thanks for contacting iZotope Customer Care! Sorry for your trouble.

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with Stutter Edit. I'd be happy to pass this feedback along to our developers for update consideration!

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions!
Sincerely,

Rolla
Customer Care Agent
MBP M1Max | MacOS 12.7.2 | Live 11.3.20 | Babyface Pro FS | Push 3 (tethered) | a whole other bunch of controllers
Ableton Certified Trainer
Soundcloud

trevor-h

Re: STUTTER EDIT

Post by trevor-h » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:22 pm

Use the regular vst version instead of vst3 and pitch bend should work again for SE