CPU usage mysteriously spiking high-end PC

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
vaulics

Re: CPU usage mysteriously spiking high-end PC

Post by vaulics » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:49 pm

manasseh wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:12 am
Would have been interesting to isolate the root cause by trying each of those solutions at a time. I would bet only the GDI flag in Options.txt is relevant enough to produce those changes.
Ah yes such good advice. From what I've noticed just in the process of troubleshooting the power profile was the most noticeable change... but I will go back and run the monitor a few more times and attempt to isolate the most effective fixes. Thanks for mentioning! After I have the results I will post them back and see what kind of differences we are seeing. More on this to come.
Ableton 10.1.9, Windows 10, i9 9820x, 32gb, Focusrite Clarett 4preTB

SomeBaldViking

Post by SomeBaldViking » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:00 am

Hi, sorry for dragging this particular message up from the deep but I’m experiencing the exact same issue. Even our specs are almost the same. Have you been able to resolve the issue eventually?

Best regards.

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:00 pm

I remember I have had the same problem for some time. Not sure what I did to go away, but now I experience the same. I think (not sure) I just reinstalled the external device drivers (I use BEGRINGER UMC-404) and that fixed the problem. Not sure though why this is happening, altough I have to confess I was playing with my UMC drivers but finally brought all settings to the previous state.
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu