Interested in Having Your Music in an Independent Film?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
inis

Interested in Having Your Music in an Independent Film?

Post by inis » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:14 am

Ok guys, so some guys I know from college are shooting an independent film to take to all the festivals this year. They are hoping to have it done by sundance. Obviously, their budget does not include much for scoring. I am working on the title track for the film, but they want to other music throughout. They also want a variety of different styles to showcase some unsigned talent.

So, I am looking for anything that you would come close to calling, trip-hop, industrial, hardcore, some rock, etc. They general theme is definetly slower electronic, possibly rocky type stuff. And if you have no clue what the fuck im talking about, but think you may have a song that works, they go for it.

I am looking for artists preferrably unsigned that would like the opportunity to have their music featured in the film. Although I cant pay anyone, I can offer exposure and plenty of props in the credits, posters, etc.

So, if you are interested, please send me a mp3, aac (or some other small file size that wont fuck over my email account) so that I can preview the stuff. If the producers like what they hear, ill contact you about getting a quality copy, releasing the song for use in the film, etc.

inis3637@yahoo.com

please send name, email, phone number with all submissions.

thanks guys.

Ambioun - Techno Man

Post by Ambioun - Techno Man » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:48 am

Where is Sundance?

inis

Post by inis » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:06 am

It is a large festival in Park City Utah, It is the first one they are trying to have the film done for, but there will be many others.

This is the website for the film makers.

www.ragtagproductions.com

There is a section with synopis' of films. The music I am looking for would be used in adict rodeo(working title), so you can get a general idea of the film there.

peace

inis

Post by inis » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:25 am

Ive already receieved many great submissions, so thank you for those. I just wanted to say that I am so busy with this and other projects right now, that I wont have time to get back to people if I am not interested. Please dont take this personally, because I am very greatfull for every submission, and so far, although I havnt decided to use all of them, they are al very well produced. I will definetly pass them on to other film producers I know so that they might be able to use them.

thanks again.