Yamaha TX-DX Lately Bass preset?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
buckman

Yamaha TX-DX Lately Bass preset?

Post by buckman » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:10 am

Does anyone know of anywhere to get this either multi-sampled for SIMPLER or SAMPLER
Or maybe an ANALOG or OPERATOR patch that is very similar?

I am producing some mid-90's tracks and would love this authentic bass sound, either as a multisample or synth preset FM Style.

I was using OXESynth which I think is basically the VST version of the Yamaha TX-81z / DX-100 with this preset, but having numerous crashes with any projects using this Plug in!!!!

When I sent them to Ableton, as a Crash Log, they are saying the culprit is FM OXESynth !! (so its best avoided for me)!

Thanks for any help..

TLW

Re: Yamaha TX-DX Lately Bass preset?

Post by TLW » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:30 am

Try DEXED - it’s a free plugin/application that started life as an editing and librarian tool for the DX synths and became a pretty convincing DX7 emulator. It comes with a lot of the original DX7 patches, including the expansion ones and can read DX7 patches.

You can get it from here - https://github.com/asb2m10
Live 10 Suite, 2020 27" iMac, 3.6 GHz i9, MacOS Catalina, RME UFX, assorted synths, guitars and stuff.

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:03 pm

TLW wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:30 am
Try DEXED - it’s a free plugin/application that started life as an editing and librarian tool for the DX synths and became a pretty convincing DX7 emulator. It comes with a lot of the original DX7 patches, including the expansion ones and can read DX7 patches.

You can get it from here - https://github.com/asb2m10
This.

This is basically a software DX7, and does a great job emulating it. It had an extra preset library with it with an insane amount of free patches. I would think it is probably included somewhere in that.

buckman

Post by buckman » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:48 pm

Thank you all! I will try it... and get rid of the OXE synth that seems to be giving me a crashing problem!!

On a side note, are there any good copies or similar bass sounds that could be done in Operator or Analog that i could download, so I am actually using a native synth plug in when in Ableton? :)

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:57 pm

I remember there being a good tutorial on doing a Solid bass preset in Operator (on YouTube). It seemed pretty easy to make.

pottering

Post by pottering » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:32 pm

♥♥♥

buckman

Post by buckman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:16 am

Fantastic Thank you!

This is exactly what i was looking for, as I knew I'd seen some clever programmer for M4L or Operator, program a version of this somewhere, and its native to Live, which is even better! :D :D