live crashed during an extended resampling session... can i salvage some of the file that was written to disk?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
aporia

live crashed during an extended resampling session... can i salvage some of the file that was written to disk?

Post by aporia » Mon May 04, 2020 4:22 am

title says it all... i was twisting knobs and getting cool stuff... then 10 minutes in, live crashed :evil:

i found the .wav file in temporary files directory, but it's pretty effed ... nothing can open it...

tried importing as raw data in Audacity, but all i get is (very loud) white noise. i think i'm probably using the wrong endian/encoding settings (i tried a bunch of them, and just got noise)

can you help? here is the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t8p2jhegolfq ... g.wav?dl=0

if y'all can point me in the right direction or salvage the file... i'll be GRATEFUL!
I destroy music to make music.
My releases as AK:
facebook | twitter | soundcloud | youtube

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: live crashed during an extended resampling session... can i salvage some of the file that was written to disk?

Post by [jur] » Mon May 04, 2020 3:52 pm

Live didn't ask to restore the crashed set?
Ableton Forum Moderator

aporia

Re: live crashed during an extended resampling session... can i salvage some of the file that was written to disk?

Post by aporia » Wed May 20, 2020 12:16 pm

it did, and the file was absent.

it's chill; i'm just calling it lost!
I destroy music to make music.
My releases as AK:
facebook | twitter | soundcloud | youtube