Question about instrument racks

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
LoufromCA

Question about instrument racks

Post by LoufromCA » Wed May 06, 2020 5:59 am

I'm fairly new to Ableton and am learning to build my own instrument racks. In this case it is a rack made up of samples of my bass guitar. There are 16 chains within the rack and I want to set up macros for at least an eq effect but I'm having difficulty in doing so. If I bring the effect within the rack it only gets assigned to one chain. It seems counter productive to setup 16 eq effects 1 for each chain. I simply want to connect each chain to the effect and setup macros to tweak things like low end gain, mid gain, and maybe a few other things like compression. How do I introduce an effect into the rack that is inclusive of all the chains?

mothergarage

Re: Question about instrument racks

Post by mothergarage » Wed May 06, 2020 8:05 am

load an eq after the instrument rack, then group that rack with the eq again to an instrument rack.
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

pottering

Post by pottering » Wed May 06, 2020 8:06 am

Another option: select the 16 Chains in the Instrument Racks's Chain List, then right-click them and select Group (ctrl+G on Windows), it will create another Rack, then you can add the FX after that Rack.
♥♥♥

LoufromCA

Post by LoufromCA » Wed May 06, 2020 4:07 pm

Thank you both, I knew there had to be a way to do this and 2 takes on it. Nice! :D