Novation SL61, how assign macros to knobs forever without automap?? Using SL internal template.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
apren

Novation SL61, how assign macros to knobs forever without automap?? Using SL internal template.

Post by apren » Tue May 19, 2020 1:19 am

Hi.
I want a simple thing but I can't do it . When i open a rack in Live, the eight infinite encoders are assigned to the 8 rack macros, but you know that that encoders are crap. I want to use the 8 normal knobs (below te crappy infinite enconders), and save this in the SL61 internal ableton template .

The infinite rotary encoders are working in this template as CC56, CC57... until the CC63. They are the correspondent to default ableton macros CC, ok.
The normal knobs are CC8, CC9... in this template. If i push the edit button to change that CC, and put CC56 in the first knob, it works, but in a strange way.

The rotation are inverted respect to the first rack macro, the macro jumps, the turn of the knob does not correspond to the turn of the macro .... all problems. Even though I have tried to edit the values ​​of that specific knob (invert the maximum and the minimum, set different values ​​to 0 and 127 which comes by default ... nothing works).

Is what I ask for so difficult? I just want to open Ableton Live and that the 8 SL61 knobs are always assigned by default to the 8 rack macros.
Infinite thanks to those who can help me, and excuse my bad english.