Hive2 Custom Presets

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

Hive2 Custom Presets

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun May 31, 2020 5:11 am

Just purchased custom presets for Hive2 but I can't figure out how to load them. I placed them in the same folder where Hive prsets are so it looks like
/Hive/
/Custom1/
/Custom2/
/Custom3/ etc...

but I cannot see it. I tried to find anything in manual but - nothing. The only info I have found is to place them in the HIVE2 presets folder.
I know this is Live forum but perhaps somebody uses this synth with Ableton and knows the trick.

Thanks - ART
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

jlgrimes

Re: Hive2 Custom Presets

Post by jlgrimes » Sun May 31, 2020 7:45 am

There should be a user preset folder.

Put them in there. Usually the first few pages of a UHE manual show you the preset locations.

Easiest way is to use synth and go to preset section right click the area that says User and select show containing folder.

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun May 31, 2020 3:41 pm

that's exactly what I did. I then placed all subsequent custom presets (where each resides in its own folder) within the USer folder. Nothing shows up in the interface.
Sadarahu

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun May 31, 2020 10:19 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 3:41 pm
that's exactly what I did. I then placed all subsequent custom presets (where each resides in its own folder) within the USer folder. Nothing shows up in the interface.
Are these "preset" files Hive presets or Live preset files?

Live cannot load preset files for VST plugins directly and will not recognise the extension format. You need to place them in the location where Hive manual tells you to place them and load them from the Hive browser or whatever it uses to load presets

aklisiewicz

Re: Hive2 Custom Presets - SOLVED

Post by aklisiewicz » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:00 am

OK, I discovered that the initial SCAN (when program starts) was disabled. Had to turn it ON.
Tha fixed it
Sadarahu