Vst's not showing up

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Leomarius

Vst's not showing up

Post by Leomarius » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:05 am

So I have this new computer, reinstalled everything. And now Ableton can't seem to find my VST plugins (uad, Izotope). This was never a problem so I don't know what I'm missing. They're all 64 bit so that shouldn't be a problem.
When I add the custom VST-folder it scans all my plugins but they just don't show op in the left windowpane. I've tried different VST locations and I've tried reinstalling ableton and plugins. I've also deleted the preferences log to let ableton look them up again. I did a deep scan with the alt-knob too.

Please help me. I've tried everything within my knowledge. :(
Thank you!

wearemindflux

Re: Vst's not showing up

Post by wearemindflux » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:10 pm

You may have to leave it little before you start the process again, are you on windows or mac?
Grab your free techno samples here>>>http://bit.ly/2YAS8so

Pixaful

Post by Pixaful » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Leomarius wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:05 am
So I have this new computer, reinstalled everything. And now Ableton can't seem to find my VST plugins (uad, Izotope). This was never a problem so I don't know what I'm missing. They're all 64 bit so that shouldn't be a problem.
When I add the custom VST-folder it scans all my plugins but they just don't show op in the left windowpane. I've tried different VST locations and I've tried reinstalling ableton and plugins. I've also deleted the preferences log to let ableton look them up again. I did a deep scan with the alt-knob too.

Please help me. I've tried everything within my knowledge. :(
Thank you!
I am having the exact same issue with live 10.1.18. I downgraded to an older version and it's fine. I know this is not very useful if you want to be on teh latest version. I have tried this on a number of different systems with windows 10 installed and have had the same result.

Anything below 10.1.18 is fine.

annadyne

Post by annadyne » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:42 pm

Same here with 10.1.18 -
Old VST that showed up in 10.1.12 didn't show up.
Fine with 10.1.12
Suddenly today, for the first time, established (legit) VST3s - Izotope, Waldorf - quit showing up as well.
Interestingly and thankfully, I was able to open my 10.1.18 projects in 10.1.12.

Sticking with 10.1.12 til this is fixed.