Unable to Import .JPG into Live 10 Suite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djkillajewel

Unable to Import .JPG into Live 10 Suite

Post by djkillajewel » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:26 pm

Hey everyone,

I have been using Ableton to import video and images to create short movies for a while and never had a problem importing actual .JPGs into a track until I upgraded to 10 Suite. Yesterday, I tried to do drag and drop an image into a track, and the message "The file could not be read. It may be corrupt or not licensed" appeared. Today, I can drag it onto a track but it gives me a black screen. I have no idea what changed between yesterday and today. Furthermore, now any session that I open in 10 Suite where I had previously created a video with images displays a "Sample Offline" message where the video should be. I am currently running Mac OS Sierra and can work around by opening Live 9, but since Live 9 is no longer supported on the latest OS, it is holding me back from upgrading my entire OS. Wondering if you are aware of this issue and/or if you can recommend a quick fix? (Would love to just keep all my basic video editing in Ableton and not have to use a 3rd party software, since I am primarily a DJ/producer making quick n dirty vids for Insta).

Thanks!
Julie

VoltVisionFrenchy

Re: Unable to Import .JPG into Live 10 Suite

Post by VoltVisionFrenchy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:03 pm

bump...I am having this same problem in Live Suite 11... Interesting there was never any responses. help!
(I'm on Win10)

thx! frenchy
www.voltvision.com/